System: Windows 10 Pro
Battery or AC: both
Model: ASUS Zenbook 14 UX433FLC-A5394R
Frequency of occurrence: constant
Reset OS: doesn't help
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello Asus ZenTalk community! I'm not stranger to frequent problem with the fan of my laptop. I found that it appears after some of the updates of the system, because as soon as I download and install the newest updates, the problem disappears.
I found the same problem here:
laptoptitan
  1. System: UX434FAC
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX434FAC-A6064T
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Constant
  5. Reset OS: Has restored the operating system
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

I have a 1-year-old Asus UX434FAC Zenbook whose fan will simply not quit. It is always going at 100% speed (around 7700 RPM) no matter what I am doing (browsing the internet, writing in Word, gaming, etc.), and it has driven me absolutely insane with how loud it is. There is no undue stress on the CPU according to the Task Manager, software plugins like SpeedFan do not allow me to change the speed of the fan at all, there is no BIOS option to regulate fan speed although it does list the CPU temp at around 40 degrees C, and changing power settings (e.g. restricting power to the CPU) does nothing to stop it.

I even got a new fan installed and it is still way louder than it should be. I've cleaned out the insides and the vents too, but nothing seems to make a difference. Does anyone have any idea what I can do?

Help with Asus Zenbook UX434FAC Fan Noise
The answer made in this post by one of your moderators @Blake_ASUS was absolutely incompetitive, because you shouldn't be as smart as a whip to give this "very useful" advice: "problem? go in our service!"
That's why I'd like to get comprehensive answer from ASUS on this frequently occured problem with the laptop fan and updates of the system, which are obviously the reason of the noisy fan.
Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

aljosa7
Star I
Hi!
I would also like an answer on the same matter.
I did some digging and if you look in task manager there will be a process called "system" that usually uses less than 0.5% of CPU capabilities, and mine takes 15%-20% (yours probably does too). Process "system" includes a lot of different procsesses in computer, so I used "windows performance recorder" to record everything my computer does and checked what processes are happening in my computer. I found out that a process or how should I call it called "nvlddmkm.sys" uses most of my CPU usage and is causing the problem. If you google that it comes out as a process connected with GPU if I am not mistaken. My ASUS zenbook has a dedicated GPU NVIDIA GTX 1650 max-Q so I thought there was a problem with it, but actually no. Only when I disabled my INTEGRATED!! GPU in device manager the constant ramping of my fans stopped. I tried installing a lot of different drivers (Both intel and asus) for integrated GPU both none of them helped.
ASUS please fix the problem because not only the constant rampage of fans is annoying, there is also a power issue since it uses so much power my less than one year old laptop can not go 2 hours without being charged.