zenfone 5 does not play mp3

mehmetdinar
Star I
Model Name: Zenfone 5 (ZE620KL)
Firmware Version: Android 9 - WW_16.0615.2006.131
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: More Than 5-10
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): No
When I try to play any of the mp3 files stored on the phone, I get the warning "The file could not be opened." Even though I have restarted the phone many times, the same warning still appears and the mp3 file does not open.

3 REPLIES 3

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi mehmetdinar
Thank you for your asking. I just tested my device on WW_16.0615.2006.131 and the mp3 music can be played smoothly. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Try with other music player. Besides, please note that Google Play Music was shut down by December 2020.
Dzaky

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone Live L2 ZA550KL
  2. Firmware Version: ww 15.07.2007.57
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google Play Music

screenshot-20201025-214923.jpg

actually maybe this is not important but Google stopped the Play Music service so I have to find another music player application and it will make memory full. Zenfone Live itself has been using Google Play Music for offline and online song players, so I hope there will be a ROM update for this problem so that the memory is not full of dead apps.

Google Play Music Problem
2. Please try change with other mp3 files, which are from other sources.

mehmetdinar
Star I
Thank you for your answer. I also believe there is a problem with Google Play. I tried another player app and it works fine. I think it would be best to wait for the ROM update.

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
Even in ROM updates ASUS doesn't update the base google play music for some reason or remove it altogether. Google play music has been shut off by Google in November 2020. It is replaced by Youtube music. Please download Youtube music or any other 3rd party music player to play songs stored on your device.

If however you like the Google play music app, there is a hack. The app supplied by asus is a very old apk and can still be used to play offline mp3 files. To do so, uninstall all updates to the Google Play Music app and never update it from the play store. Thanks!