Star I
System: Win10pro v2004
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX434FQ
Frequency of occurrence: permanent
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:On newly installed OS cant set up screenpad. Followed this guide https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1041344/ but it doesnt help.
Downloaded all drivers from Asus support site, but couldnt find ScreenPad2 Optimizer there.
As result, all drivers and apps installed, but ScreenXpert (Windows Store App) doesnt start, AsusScreenXpert service doesnt start (error message 1053 which states 'The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion'). No other error messages in windows event log.
6 REPLIES 6

Liviu
Rising Star II
Wrong move. Once you replace the stock OS, you will lose some of the functionalities of the laptop. You need to send it to the service center to reinstall the stock OS.

kpm
Star I
Just received recommendation from Asus support to install build 1909 instead of 2004. Will try this next week.

Liviu
Rising Star II
kpm

Just received recommendation from Asus support to install build 1909 instead of 2004. Will try this next week.

View post
And what will you do next year and so on? Keep using an outdated version of Windows?

kpm
Star I
I think its question to Asus, why their soft doesnt work on latest OS builds.
In my opinion, there must be installation package with all necesssary soft and drivers, like MFP manufacturers do. And when i doesnt meet some requirements, there must be clear notification.