This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the cellphone Asus ZenFone Max (M2) (ZB633KL)

chepikmarina
Star I
Hello. I need your help. I'm facing the problem with my cellphone since October, 2020.
Asus ZenFone Max (M2) (ZB633KL)
ASUS_X01AD (I'm not sure where to find, or this: OPM1.WW_Phone-16.2018.2010.76-20201030)
No
Few times a day
-
Firstly, original cable charger stopped to work and I charge the cellphone with original adapter and the other cellphone's cable. After that I started to face the following problem: when using the higly loaded apps like telegram, instagram, or while videotalk the cellphone switches off. Since that it doesn't work properly and swtiches off every time I use some heavy apps. Once I switched on and found out a screen with the error below: "couldn't load bitmap asus_progress_ball error-7). I didn't choose any options except switch off. This screen appears time to time.
I went to service center for giving this poor cellphone for diagnostic. They found out that the flash memory is dead and it has to be changed. But I'm not sure about its proper work after repair. So I would like to know is it looks like a real problem with flash memory? And what does the occured error on the launch screen mean? I truly don't know which action to take or should i just buy a new cellphone...
2 REPLIES 2

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi chepikmarina
Thank you for your asking. The repair engineers will run various initial test on your device when they first receive it. Because they have your device by hand, please do trust their diagnosis.
If the device out of warranty, you may assess if you want to repair the flash memory by considering repair fee, overall device aging status and future performance. E,g. Battery Aging? Have I ever frequently fallen/broken my device? Will the current storage meet my usage behavior in the future? ...etc.
Thank you.

chepikmarina
Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi chepikmarina

Thank you for your asking. The repair engineers will run various initial test on your device when they first receive it. Because they have your device by hand, please do trust their diagnosis.

Is the device out of warranty, you may assess if you want to repair the flash memory by considering repair fee, overall device aging status and future performance. E,g. Battery Aging? Have I ever frequently fallen/broken my device? Will the current storage meet your usage behavior in the future? ...etc.

Thank you.

View post
Thank you for your help. My device is out of warranty, it worked for only a little more than 1 year. Repair fee is half of the cellphone price. Battery works well and I don't drop it on the floor. So I am thinking of is it worth repairing...