[Zenfone 3] Secure your ZenFone 3 with your fingerprint ID
Personal information is stored either online or electronically so ensuring privacy is a must, particularly when it comes to smartphones. In addition to passwords, PIN codes, and patterns, fingerprint is an unique form of identification. The built-in 360-degree fingerprint sensor on ZenFone 3 gives increased security whether you’re unlocking your phone or answering a call. Setting up your fingerprint ID is easy with below simple steps.
1. Go to Settings > Fingerprint > Manage Fingerprints.
2. Tap Continue to add a fingerprint then select one of the three backup screen lock methods: Fingerprint + Pattern, Fingerprint + PIN, Fingerprint + Password. The screenshot below uses Fingerprint + Pattern as an example.
- If you haven't set a lock screen method before fingerprint setting: After you selected one of unlock methods, you will later be asked whether you want to use the same unlock method to start device for extra security. If so, tap Require (pattern/PIN/password) to start device. Otherwise, tap No, thanks.
- If you've already set a lock screen method before fingerprint setting: You must unlock your device first to proceed. Then jump directly to step 4.
3. Enter your pattern as the example below then tap Continue. Re-enter your unlock code then tap Confirm. Once you select a notification preference from the options, tap Done.
4. Tap Next then place your finger on the fingerprint sensor to start scanning. Press your finger repeatedly with covering different areas of your finger until the entire fingerprint is captured/scanned.
5. After your fingerprint is successfully registered, tap Done. You can store up to 5 fingerprints and setup the names (e.g. left index finger, right middle finger) to easily manage your fingerprints. Activate Unlock device and Incoming call lock to enable the fingerprint features so you can unlock your device or answer incoming calls conveniently by fingerprint.
- Fingerprint identification is only available on the ZenFone 3 series.
- Location of fingerprint sensor may vary from different phone models. The fingerprint sensors of ZenFone 3 and ZenFone 3 Deluxe are located at the back while the one on ZenFone 3 Ultra is located at the home button.
- Some features or interfaces may vary from the Android system/firmware version. All screenshots shown in this article are based on Android 7.