Rog Phone 3 stopped charging with company provided charger (no physical damage)
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: rog phone 3
- Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
- Rooted or not: No
- Frequency of Occurrence: constant
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
hi there, here's another frustrating experience from ASUS.
here is the situation:
- phone purchased on nov 5
- everything working fine until December 2nd
- phone not charging using company provided charged from Dec 3rd
- tried restarting, didnt work
- tried factory reset, didnt work
- phone not charging with a spare samsung charger either
- but phone charges if i connect to laptop with the company provided type c cord
- no information anywhere on the internet on how to resolve (similar discussions were closed on this forum)
- call center: totally unaware of this issue and giving very noob advice like switch off/on and/or trying to diagnose the situation without understanding the concern
- service center unreachable (bangalore)
- unable to return phone because product return window has expired
So basically, after spending more than $750, im stuck with a brick that requires 8 hours to fully charge each time and no support anywhere on the service center, customer care or retailer.
I have never in the past heard of such an issue with any phone (let alone experience it)
Appreciate speedy support on this matter