cb.arvind20cb.arvind20 Level 1
edited January 20 in ROG Phone 2

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:ROG 2
  2. Firmware Version:2009.49
  3. Rooted or not:NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:YES
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Android system

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

For the past few days I have observed that battery drain has been abnormal.The main culprit is Android system.

I am down to 67% just from 2hrs of minimal usage.No games ,no battery heavy applications.This is really bothering me now.

Comments

• Hi, when you say that your SOT(Screen on Time) has gone down, can you share the SOT after trying the below:

1. Charge the battery to 100% & use as per your normal usage pattern

2. When the battery strength reaches 10%, go to settings = Battery => Tap on the battery icon & share the graph

3. settings => Battery => Check the screen & share the same

• Android system is took 31%battery which is just bonkers.

• Have you tried how much battery usage the Android system consumes in "safe mode"?

• ronald1985ronald1985 127.0.0.1 Level 5

I would clear cache and storage for both Google Play Services and Google Play Store. Charge to 100% so your device clears the stats and observe if the problem occurs still.

• That's the bad .49 build. Just download it from the rog site.

• It looks like in safe mode it is doing ok as there are not many apps which I use frequently.

Clearing cache and storage for both Google Play Services and Google Play Store doesn't seem to having any effect

• Update to latest firmware then check again

• Yes,it is up to date.It seems all I am left with is extreme option of resetting my Device.

• Or it could be a battery problem.

• Nah.not battery issue.As you can see above it is the Android system itself which is sucking up battery.

This discussion has been closed.