Anilkumar
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG2
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Today I updated the android from A9 to A10 today I have facing issue of screen Ghosting after full day of usage that is so irritating and after restarting of phone that is solved please take care of this issue.
screenshot-20201107-234157922.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Anilkumar
Rising Star II

gsanchez
Rising Star II
Ghost touch is always a hardware problem. You must get your device to your nearest service center and let them take a look. I had this problem, but with my old iPhone X, and only screen replacement solved it.

Anilkumar
Rising Star II
gsanchez

Ghost touch is always a hardware problem. You must get your device to your nearest service center and let them take a look. I had this problem, but with my old iPhone X, and only screen replacement solved it.

View post
This is not screen issue if it was hardware issue then why this is solved by phone restart

Pmmax
Star II
Hi @Anilkumar,
The same problem happened to me, ghost touch, and just like you if I reboot the phone the problem is solved, so I also think this is a software issue. I created a post some days ago and another user confirmed my experience.
I was able to find a very specific way to force the problem to happens, which is browsing an specific URL using Chrome or Brave. I left an step by step to reproduce in my post, I leave a link here.
@Gustav_ASUS tried to reproduce my case and he could not, so he asked to me to install a trace program and send the logs to Asus. But in my case I'm not willing to do that because of the sensitive data that I have in the phone, but maybe you can do it, if you confirm the issue you have is exactly like mine.
In any case I solved my issue by switching to Firefox for browsing (I'm using Firefox Nightly).
Best regards,
Pablo
Pmmax

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 2 (12GB RAM 512GB Storage) WW Version (From US)
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2009.49
  3. Rooted or not: NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every Time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Chrome or Brave browsers

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

CURRENT CONFIGURATION:

• Glove Mode: Disabled
  • Air Triggers: Disabled
  • Refresh Rate: 120Hz

DESCRIPTION:

I have detected an issue that happens every time when I browse some specific URLs, using Chrome Browser or Brave Browser, for example the following URL:

https://www.jba.gr/es/Hebreos-10_23-29-35-39-si-pecamos-voluntariamente-si-alguno-retrocede.htm

After loading that URL in the browser and then scrolling up and down a few times quickly, the screen became unresponsive, even after closing the browser.

Attempts to use the phone after this is almost impossible, all apps fails because of the ghost touches.

Testing the screen using a "Touch Screen Test" app, I can see the ghost touch issue, since it detects at least 2 touches in different places even though I'm using only 1 finger.

The only way to fix is to restart the phone.

I have owned this phone for 1 year aprox and never experienced this issue, looks like software related.

What I don't understand is why after closing the browser (killing it on the task manager), the issue persist and the only workaround is to restart the phone.

HOW TO REPRODUCE:

Could someone else test if this happens on other phone or it is just mine?

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

Ghost touch after browsing specific URLs with Chrome or Brave