Whole phone will hang when viewing some pages in google chrome.

enfosiangenfosiang Level 1
edited December 2020 in ROG Phone 3

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 3
  2. Firmware Version: WW-17.0823.2009.98
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Pretty frequent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google Chrome version: 11.33.9.23.arm64

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

when viewing some matches in hltv.org the whole chrome will hang and will show chrome isnt responding as shown in picture above. May i ask do other have this kind of problem with the same website or other websites also got this kind of problem. It's not fixable even when i turn on the x-mode. Please help me

========================================

Comments

• xihexihe Level 2

This is a problem with android webview and google chrome / google apps in general...... use other browsers that is not based on chrome. .

• I'm not sure that's the issue as I have compared it to my Pixel 3 which has/had no issues with this either in Android 10 or 11. On my ROG 3 certain pages suddenly freeze and stop responding to touch. When I go to home screen or switch to another app and then open chrome again it un-freezes. I wish I could remember what pages this happened on. Maybe it's just something wrong with those pages.

I'm glad to say I haven't experiece this since updating to 98 but it's early days.

• in my cases it freeze the whole screen as i unable to press any homescreen buttom or switch apps button. I will need to wait for the not responding tabs come out to close the chrome.

• That's unlucky. Hope you find a fix.

I tried browsing that site you mentioned and had no issues on my phone. I can't even replicate the issues I was having previously.

• Chrome has a habit of acting up in curious ways. Try browsing the same URL on Firefix/Brave etc. and see if you run into the same issue.

This discussion has been closed.