ZT-5926e239
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3 16/512
Firmware Version: WW .98
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: After WW .78
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Default Camera App
After firmware update to .78 camera app was broken, back cam stuck at wide angle camera,
No sliding to wide and 64MP on back cam, macro camera using the 64MP, some features are gone motion tracking etc.

But main camera works properly for other app Footej 2, Procam X
Troubleshooting:
Already performed hard reset as per support, and support claims it is not firmware/software issue
========================================

30 REPLIES 30

ZT-5926e239
Star III
Additional footage on the default camera

BuridekPH
Star I
screenshot-20201030-194049910.jpg
screenshot-20201030-194058900.jpg
I will add much needed photos to this rather very rare bug we are experiencing on our phones. As what the author already mentioned, the main camera was working prior to .78 update, that is, all 3 camera sensors were usable. After the said update including the latest .98, the stock camera app as well as apps that use the cameras such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Viber, and other third party camera apps only "see" the wide-angle and macro sensors and thus set them as default cameras. As shown in the above photos, the slider for wide-angle/main sensor is stuck and set only to wide-angle. Under Pro mode, it can be seen that the focus mode is greyed out because the camera app is forced to use ONLY the wide-angle sensor.
Info apps that can be downloaded from the Play Store can still "see" the main 64MP sensor since they still report its presence, even showing the hardware specs of the said sensor, thus, THIS IS NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE A HARDWARE ISSUE. Asus claiming it is not a software issue is rather hard to believe.

ZT-5926e239
Star III
@Titan_ASUS @Anders_ASUS
I see you quite responding on other threads, hoping you could help with this one.

ZT-5926e239
Star III
Below is the email from ASUS support, I'd rather not bring it to service center for the 2nd time as it is we believe a software issue, also additional costing for the repair and checking is on us
screenshot-20201031-102220482-281-29.jpg

2 weeks on service, and as I can see its not only me who experienced it with same intance, as we mentioned all cameras and features are working fine before .78
Its such a hassle not to be able to use back camera properly

Hoping you could check on this and be able to fix it
I can send you the while cameraAPI logs just to prove that all cameras are still detected