Star I
System: Windows 10 Home
Battery or AC: 65W
Model: Zenbook 14 UX434FQ
Frequency of occurrence: persistent
Reset OS: nope
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I've recently bought a new Zenbook 14. The screenpad worked just fine. Switching to touchscreen with that little icon in the left lower corner of the display worked as expected, but today i'm after a new windows update (idk if it's coincidental or not) but now after switching to touchscreen i no longer can see the apps, or anything related to the screenpad anymore. The screenpad doesn't dimm when switching to touchpad, it's as if it just replaces the screen with a traditional, old-fashioned touchpad. It's annoying, as even when i use the touchpad i would like to know what is going on on my touchscreen or when the apps are. I'm uploading a photo of the screenpad in the new touchscreen mode. Is there any way to go back to the old, screen dimming version of touchpad? Thanks in advance for your response.
4 REPLIES 4

arturm2001
Star I
122961697-404862467203836-7817527769894671603-n.jpg
and thats how it looks like, pretty awful imo

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello arturm2001,
Please refer to below FAQ to reinstall drivers.
[Notebook] How to fix the ScreenPad 2.0 problems when it is not working properly on my ASUS notebook...Please be careful that the installation order must be followed.
Thank you.

arturm2001
Star I
Hi again,
I followed this guide as you asked, and it didn't really change a thing. The touchpad still stays in the same condition, still the same black mode. Is there anything i can do to change this situation?
Thanks

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello arturm2001,
May you check which windows KB update was it?
and then uninstall that update ?
(Settings>Update and Security>Windows update>View Update History>Uninstall Updates)
Thank you.