N580GD USB-C display don't work

1. System: Windows 10 (2004)
  2. Model: Vivobook pro 15 (N580GD)
  3. Screen: Gigabyte M27Q
  4. Cable: i-tec usb-c - usb-c

========================

Detailed description:Display connected via USB-C cable to notebook don't work and I'm getting those errors:

The cable and screen itself are working, I've tested it with Samsung Dex, also it is working with notebook via HDMI but with limited resolutoion/refresh rate. I updated and reinstalled Nvidia and Intel drivers but it didn't help.

Comments

• edited October 30

Hello sebastianzon,

May I have the model of the screen?

and this issue happen all of a sudden or the type C port has been like this since the beginning?

I will double check on the spec again.

Thank you.

• Hi,

the screen is Gigabyte M27Q.

I don't know because this is my first Type-C monitor and I have it for a few days. But the USB communication works fine, only I can't connect display.

On the notebook I have this logo:

• edited October 30

Hello sebastianzon,

The USB C port with that logo means it export Displayport signal.

May you double check if you connect to the correct port on the monitor?

HDMI to HDMI and Displayport to Displayport.

Thank you.

• Yes, It is correct port, there is only one USB-C on the monitor and one on the notebook. Other cables are correct and they work.

• Hello sebastianzon,

Do you have another cable to cross check?

and the cable or dongle is supporting Displayport ?

Thank you.

• edited October 30

No, I don't have another cable but this cable worked with samsung phone (Dex) which is my only other device that supports Type-C Alternate mode. The cable specyfication says that it supports up to 4k60Hz.

By the way, what is maximum refresh rate and resolution of this laptop Type-C connection? Because Asus site says 4k60Hz but reseller says 1080p60Hz.

• Hello sebastianzon,

Please kindly check if your BIOS is up to date a well.

The Type C display export maximum is 4096x2304, 60Hz .

Thank you.

• Hi,

I'm not sure if I have the newest bios installed - it is version X580GD.323 from 20200707

The newest available on website is also 323 but with 2020/09/10 date.

• Hello sebastianzon,

May I have the model or brand of the cable? Seems like we need to double check if the cable support DisplayPort signal for sure. The 4K 60Hz might not be clear enough.

Your BIOS is the latest one, don't worry about the date.

Thank you.

• It is this cable: https://i-tec.pro/en/produkt/c31usbcacbl-2/

Of course I'm connecting it via USB-C on both sides.

• Hello sebastianzon,

I mean if this cable support DisplayPort signal, since most of the cable only support HDMI.

May you help to double check if this supplier as well?

Thank you.

• Hi, for what I know, there is no difference in cable for supporting HDMI or Displayport signal (it just have all needed lines for alternate modes or not) so I couldn't find any information about this for this cable. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Hello sebastianzon,

Well...there might be a difference.

For example, Switch is using DisplayPort as well, so that's why we can see some cable specify that they support Switch.

May you help to double check?

Thank you.