Sam_Rahbi
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: asus rog phone 3
Firmware Version: .78
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, does the rog phone 3 support output via type c to DisplayPort? i want to play games like cod mobile and pubg in my monitor with high refresh rates, for example 90hz for Pubg Mobile, is there any cable that support it? i tried type c to hdmi but it,s not that smooth to play competitively.
4 REPLIES 4

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Should work if you connect to the side port. It might depend on what cable/adapter you're planning on using though.

Sam_Rahbi
Star II
Gustav_ASUS

Should work if you connect to the side port. It might depend on what cable/adapter you're planning on using though.

View post
Any suggestions on what manufacturer cable would work with the rog phone 3? I used Powerology type c hub for the HDMI and it worked but didn't work with Porodo type c to HDMI. So i would love to know if anyone tried a type c to Display Port cable from a specific manufacturer and it worked with it.
p.s high refresh rate is what i desire from using Display Port as my monitor can go up to 165 hz.

BlackAs
Rising Star I
Do you get any latency issues when you connect an external monitor I could never get it to work without lag on other phones if love to know how it goes 😄

Sam_Rahbi
Star II
BlackAs

Do you get any latency issues when you connect an external monitor I could never get it to work without lag on other phones if love to know how it goes 😄

View post
with the type c to hdmi i was able to play cod mobile and pubg only at 60hz, in both games there was a difference in response time while playing through the monitor, like it wasn't as smooth and responsive as the Phone's screen, i will get my self a USB C to DisplayPort and hope that there wont be any lagg.