I just take my rog 3 at asus service center and when i was at the service center i forgot to check the fingerprint sensor then when i checked it at home the fingerprint doesnt work, any solution? . Here the screenshot. Thx a lot
Can you upload a screen recording of how the process fails?
Here we go
@Gia Can you send me your RMA number via PM?
The issue is solved in the latest firmware version WW-17.0823.2009.98, kindly update your firmware to the latest version and further checking. Thank you.
ROG Phone 3_ZS661KS_WW_17.0823.2009.98
Thx for ur reply, but Ive updated it but still didnt work
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
A. How did you installed the firmware V98? By manual update or auto update? Can you provide me the screenshot of your current firmware version?
Settings>System>About Phone>Software information>Build Number
B. Please try the following steps to access recovery mode for the Factory Reset.
0. Try to back up your data with USB cable. If you can not access the phone, please check if your google account or microSD card have auto backup your data.
1. Power off the phone, then keep pressing "volume down key"
2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration. Still keep pressing "volume down key".
3. Stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen
4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset">"Yes"
5. "Reboot system now"
#Hardware Reset Guide
Please note that once the steps are completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
C. If the issue remains the same, please check your inbox and provide me your SN, IMEI, RMA no. for further checking.
Now im on 99, just updated last morning this day and i updated it automatically.
Here it is the screenshoot about my phone
I have the exact same problem as gia. I got my device back from the service center yesterday and the fingerprint scanner is showing the same message pls help
Hi Gia and [email protected]
Thank you for your reply.
1. May you help me to check your SMMI test? Does it pass or fail?
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Fingerprint Test
2. Does the fingerprint work in "Safe Mode"?
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
3. Does the fingerprint work after performing the Factory Reset?
If you are in the firmware version V99 and the fingerprint still can not work. Please let me know your test result above.
Still the same after updated v99, is this possible a hardware problem because wrong installation with ur service center technician? But when i checked it with smmi test, the fingerprint test pass the test.
I may need the logs for further checking. Please check your inbox and PM me back to avoid any personal information leaking.
My fingerprint passed the smmi test. I also opened it in safe mode but still the same msg pops up.
Hi [email protected]
1. Have you encountered the issue after repaired your device from ASUS repair center?
2. Your current firmware version
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still persist?
3. Also, does the situation remains the same after performing "the Factory Reset"?
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
get to try
i have the exact same problem.In my case my screen broke .After when it was back from the service center finger print is not working
If u have warranty, u can request to replace a new phone.