This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable X Mode level 3 without the Aeroactive cooler?

dtrapero
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I003D, ZS661KS ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: WW_17.0823.2008.78
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Never
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Armoury Crate
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello guys. I want to unlock 3.09GHz on my ROG phone 3 but to do it I have to enable X mode level 3, and to do that I have to connect the AeroActive cooler 3. The issue is I have the AeroActive cooler 3 with me, and so I can enable level 3, but the phone overheats, even with the fan. I also have the black shark funcooler pro, and even with X mode level 2, it delivers better results than ASUS' fan with level 3. I paid for the whole clock speed I want to use the whole clock speed without thermal throttling. How can I do this? Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

peekiluna
Star I
I'm on the same boat, Id like to know how to bypass the requirement because I have a better fan.

aguo1882
Star III
I don't think you can, unless there's a way in developer mode.
I got the Tencent version, I don't see why the Aerocool 3 can cost more than $160AU, its such a rip off. If it was like $50, I'd consider buying it.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
You can make custom profiles for each game. I play without the cooler at 3.1ghz no issues. Look more into how you make custom profiles. The Aero cooler really doesnt provide much cooling anyways, the passive cooling more than easily handles the full speed.

BlackAs
Rising Star I
Yeah man that black shark cooler is sweet just a shame it covers the lower port when you put it on and can’t run it with a case on miles better cooler but