Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:rog 3
Firmware Version: .78
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
img-20201014-wa0002.jpg
img-20201014-wa0001.jpg
This is video i used to compare

Upper device is ssung s7 edge(short one)
And lower one is Rog 3 (longer one)
Both paused at 1:34 with the maximum playback quality and 100% brightness of both device
And also i locked the rog 3 at 60hz before comparing the both, so just think how bad it will be if i watch the same at 144hz
We need the display quality atleast like this samsung phone s7 edge (which is 5 year older device) if not better than this one
Display is a let down
If i have to live with a 90hz or even 60hz panel with having a great content watching quality then i will definitely choose that instead of this 144hz worst colour display
Instead of making 144hz display which is useless in watch Netflix or watching movies and videos usibg any other app , Asus should have put more efforts and resources in perfecting the 120hz display of rog phone 2 and using it on rog phone 3 and saying of that even rog phone 2 have better display quality
I am not saying it is a bad device becoz it is a really great device but its display which make this device worthless
Please answer my one question, how bad the product checking quality department or whatever it is called who passes the device to be eligible to sold in market is?
If i get this display colors not more but as good as s7edge than for me this is really a great device for the money

13 REPLIES 13

MV
Rising Star II
Saifuddin

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:rog 3
  2. Firmware Version: .78
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

img-20201014-wa0002.jpg

img-20201014-wa0001.jpg

This is video i used to compare

https://youtu.be/2J7xlDH4QkA

Upper device is ssung s7 edge(short one)

And lower one is Rog 3 (longer one)

Both paused at 1:34 with the maximum playback quality and 100% brightness of both device

And also i locked the rog 3 at 60hz before comparing the both, so just think how bad it will be if i watch the same at 144hz

We need the display quality atleast like this samsung phone s7 edge (which is 5 year older device) if not better than this one

Display is a let down

If i have to live with a 90hz or even 60hz panel with having a great content watching quality then i will definitely choose that instead of this 144hz worst colour display

Instead of making 144hz display which is useless in watch Netflix or watching movies and videos usibg any other app , Asus should have put more efforts and resources in perfecting the 120hz display of rog phone 2 and using it on rog phone 3 and saying of that even rog phone 2 have better display quality

I am not saying it is a bad device becoz it is a really great device but its display which make this device worthless

Please answer my one question, how bad the product checking quality department or whatever it is called who passes the device to be eligible to sold in market is?

If i get this display colors not more but as good as s7edge than for me this is really a great device for the money

Samsung vs Asus youtube comparison
I think this rant will continue until next year till ROG 4 comes out and most of us will sell our ROG 3 during that time and opt for an alternative. As I am pc gamer mobile gaming is secondary to me and gamer centric features on the ROG 3 are on top of class when compared to other brands. But for media consumption 👎 ASUS. If devs are able to reach at a point in quality which I get from screen balance app as an alternative, I think it's a win win for everyone. Until then rant must go on to keep the seriousness in forum about the issue.

xihe
Rising Star II
You are comparing a 144hz screen to a 60hz screen? Try comparing against s20 ultra or note 20 ultra instead. 8f your main usage is watching video you should have bought a tablet.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
xihe

You are comparing a 144hz screen to a 60hz screen? Try comparing against s20 ultra or note 20 ultra instead. 8f your main usage is watching video you should have bought a tablet.

View post
No brother i am comparing 5 year old device with this one and any way who play games all day
And can you say to me that you dont watch and video on your device?
And why shouldn't i compare because i paid 58000INR for rog phone 3 and comparing to samsung s20fe ahich cost 50000 INR which is just launched, i should hhave bought samsung with having compromise in features but atleast having a screen in which i can watch content and a screen have best in class quality

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37820/samsung-vs-asus-youtube-comparison

I think this rant will continue until next year till ROG 4 comes out and most of us will sell our ROG 3 during that time and opt for an alternative. As I am pc gamer mobile gaming is secondary to me and gamer centric features on the ROG 3 are on top of class when compared to other brands. But for media consumption 👎 ASUS. If devs are able to reach at a point in quality which I get from screen balance app as an alternative, I think it's a win win for everyone. Until then rant must go on to keep the seriousness in forum about the issue.

View post
Brother, Maybe some users will upgrade to rog 4 but what about users like me who dont upgrade device in 4-5 years , i buy the best device available when i upgrade but i dont keep changing in every year or two ☹️