Did you mean: 

Roh Phone 3 Heating Issue

wasimulhaquelas
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 3
Firmware Version: QKQ1.200419.002.WW_Phone-17.0823.2008.78
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: While Charging or Playing Games(Not hard core or long time)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The phone is getting to 47-49C While Charging and while Playing games as well. I know its a heavy processor but whats the purpose of all these if for simple tasks its getting this much heated. I don't turn on the X Mode even while playing games but still gets heated to 47+. Does anyone else face this issue or its device specific as i might have a faulty piece.

In the below screenshot you can see that while charging only its getting to 47c . At times it reaches 49 if the room temperature is bit high.
screenshot-20201010-092914055.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hey, try a factory reset once. Might be possible of some App maybe causing issue.
If this doesn't help,
Kindly visit the nearest service center:
Due to the lockdown, service centers may not be functional. Kindly call the service center before you visit one.
https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india

wasimulhaquelas
Star II
Why does it happens only during charging most of the time then.

wasimulhaquelas
Star II
screenshot-20201021-083633679.jpg
I never use the X mode due to this. Because whats the point of throttling if the CPU is struggling at the optimum level. Can you suggest something except restoring. Or is there any way to backup all app data and files locally. Not on cloud

wasimulhaquelas
Star II
Can someone help me here. Factory Resetting now will be very difficult for me as i have almost 100GB of data and can't store in cloud as well.