Revert to older firmware?

reuben4kreuben4k Level 1
edited November 2020 in ROG Phone 3

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus-l003dd
  2. Firmware Version: WW-17.0823.2008.78
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: consistently
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NETFLIX VERSION 7.75.1 BUILD 26 35131

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi,

Since updating to the most recent firmware I can no longer stream videos on Netflix in HD quality. I know for sure when I was on firmware version 58 it was working fine at widevine L1. Would it be possible to revert back to 58 firmware? I do not mind having to factory reset my phone to do so.

Comments

• Try clearing the storage and cache of Netflix, then reboot your device.

By the way, do you have a Tencent-branded device?

• I have cleared the storage and cache of Netflix and it makes no difference. Yes I do have a Tencent version of the phone.

• Apparently One plus users had the same issue but it was fixed with an update.

• @reuben4k We'll check. Thanks for making a thread about it!

• Thanks for acknowledging my issue!

• @reuben4k We've tested several international devices and they all work fine (Widevine L1, HDR support). Your issue might be caused by the fact that you have Tencent-branded device flashed with worldwide firmware, meaning it has been rooted by your reseller sometime in the past. Troubleshooting issues with this configuration is a mess, which is why we strongly recommend users to steer clear from it.

I'll check around some more and get back to you if a solution is found though.

• The issue was not present when I was on. . 58 firmware, it only presented after updating the firmware to 78

• @reuben4k It might still be caused by your configuration, even if the issue manifested itself following the latest firmware update.

• reuben4kreuben4k Level 1
    edited October 2020

For now is it possible to revert back to 58 firmware? If so how do I go about doing it? At least with .58 firmware I had no issues apart from black crush.

• @reuben4k It should be possible to downgrade to A9 and then updating to .58 from there.

• @Gustav_ASUS Where can the A9 firmware file be found? Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.