This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Asus, Its really a shame.

Droid
Star III
Rog 3, Such a great phone with great specs at low price when compared to other flagships.
Phone was released in August and its October now. The display issues keep getting worse with each update.
Display is the Most important part of a Smartphone, If its not good then what is the point of all the other great features. How can customers enjoy the other great features if the display is so bad.
ASUS, Please understand that customers are not beta testers.
What i know and agreed before purchasing this phone :
1.No IP rating.
2.Average Camera
3.Bulky and Heavy device.
4.No wireless charging / Reverse wireless charging.
5.No Headphone jack.
What is did not sign up for :
1.Heavy black crush issues.
2.Heavy Screen Smearing.
3.Most android apps stutters even at 144hz.
4.Display looks so grainy at low brightness in high refresh rates.

Really sad that i had to return this great device and get refund just because of display issues. Asus seem to have no plans to permanently fix the problems. In the name of fixing this display problem, Asus is practically making every Rog 3 user a Beta tester.
This is such a bad experience, In the future i will have to think twice before i purchase any device from Asus.
Goodbye Asus
26 REPLIES 26

masterstill
Star II
Exactly same feeling ! We consumers are not your beta testers ASUS. Shame ! A big shame !

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Goodbye, you won't be missed.
Sorry to say but there is no high end device without issues. I keep telling people and will still keep telling people this, if you purchase a newly released high end device, there will be issues and you will feel like a beta tester, because that's what you're signing up for when purchasing a newly released device.
NVIDIA RTX buyers have to deal with crashes on their cards, OP8 users have to deal with software issues and black crush, S20 ultra users have to deal with their camera glass breaking and extremely heavy battery drain and so on, if you don't want to feel like a beta tester, purchase a phone that has been released for at the very least 6-12months and see if there are any issues.

Not applicable
nightmaster552

Goodbye, you won't be missed.

Sorry to say but there is no high end device without issues. I keep telling people and will still keep telling people this, if you purchase a newly released high end device, there will be issues and you will feel like a beta tester, because that's what you're signing up for when purchasing a newly released device.

NVIDIA RTX buyers have to deal with crashes on their cards, OP8 users have to deal with software issues and black crush, S20 ultra users have to deal with their camera glass breaking and extremely heavy battery drain and so on, if you don't want to feel like a beta tester, purchase a phone that has been released for at the very least 6-12months and see if there are any issues.

View post
We are paying money for performance which we are not getting, we are not paying money for lag and screen issues. Asus is one of the worst companies with fanboys like you to support and encourage them for being lazy. Also we paid money so we have right to comment and complain of flaws of device. You are no one to say that every high end phone has issues, oneplus is high end and in course of month they fixed green crush issue. Apple is high end and they fix issues in days, samsung fixes big issues and mostly samsung phones dont have screen issues. What high end are you talking about?

hank_email_is
Rising Star II
If asus changed to big brand screen, will people pay say $300 usd more? Asus had to have compromised for the price.
I myself would be ok with 256g disk plus sd card storage, or even high refresh lcd with better color, to bring cost down still with good experience