Smart Key no longer wakes up the phone since update
[SOLVED in 2nd comment below]
- Model Name: ZenFone 6
- Android Version: 10
- Android Security Patch level: Sept 1, 2020
- Baseband: M22.214.171.124-Kirin_001102,
- Kernel: 4.14.117-Perf
- Extension ROM: 1.1.1
- Build Number: QP1A.190711.005.WW_Phone-17.1810.2009.176
- Rooted or not: No
- Frequency of Occurrence: All the time / constantly
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Smart Key / Camera
My Smart Key used to be able to wake up the device, that is if I set 1-press to trigger the camera, even from a locked screen / sleeping phone, I get trigger the camera to open. Great.
But after I updated the device recently, the Smart Key doesn't do anything until I unlock the phone. It cannot wake up the device. So if I want to launch the camera, I have to unlock it first then press the smart key, which is pointless, as I might as well just press on the camera app.
How can I re-enable the Smart Key to wake up the device / trigger the camera from a locked screen / off state? Thank you.