dkerzahots
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.58
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
screenshot-20200926-013337703.jpg
screenshot-20200926-020459964.jpg
screenshot-20200926-030825133.jpg
I see many other users have 30 ish celcius when idle yet mine is at 36-37 without any running apps in the background. Playing one game of ML stays stable at 38c without spiking up once to 40 or something. The hottest it can get is that it can hit 43-44c playing TFT mobile with uncapped fps to 144 pushing the gpu load high. The phone's rear sides are the hottest among all, the middle back isnt even nearly as hot as the sides ones. I just bought this today and I'm quite disappointed with the heating issue. It's not comfortable at all.
I have done all possible workarounds such as disabling all apps on the auto start app manager thingy et cetera but no results.
1 REPLY 1

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@dkerzahots What's the ambient temperature in the room when you are playing?
It's not uncommon to reach 40+ degrees when playing resource heavy games at high frame rates, which in turn will produce more heat. If you're charging your device while playing, that will generate even more heat, so it's recommended you charge in-between gaming sessions.