This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oleophobic coating is ruined in certain areas of the screen.

Craven
Rising Star II
I've only just been using my brand new phone for about 3 weeks now and already, the screen's having some external issues. I play PUBGM six hours a day and I've had some experience with this oleophobic stuff on my previous phone so i tried to switch orientations every now and then while playing on my ROG phone 3 to avoid stressing certain areas of the screen because I swipe and tap A LOT on the same places but apparently, it didn't work. I now have 4 circular spots on the screen which are very prone to fingerprints and smudges. If i wipe the screen with some form of liquid to remove the smudges, the droplets stay in those 4 spots for a while, indicating the coating has worn off due to my thumbs frequently rubbing against the screen. How do i go about fixing this without using any screen protector? It's too slippery for me and makes the screen look weird. Should i just attempt to remove the oleophobic coating overall so it looks even?
1 REPLY 1

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Craven Sorry for the late reply,
While I can't make comments on individual cases, you can always contact your local service center and see what they have to say. I know there are also DIY kits that will let you reapply the olephobic coating, but I can't speak for the safety or quality of those products. If it's safe for you to do so, I recommend you visit service.