Weired problems with my Asus Zenfone 5 ZE620KL since 2 years of using
- I have noticed that during calls my phone randomly loose connection and I can't hear the caller. Also instead of 4G, mobile network switches to Edge or completely disables.
- I tried to change SIM-card, but this didn't help.
- I tried to apply hard reset or use 3G network for some time, but the problem still exist.
- On last firmware V16.0615.2006.131 I noticed, that model number of my phone is not ASUS_X00QD, but UNKNOWN_PRJ_ID. Also even with enabled 4G I often see 3G network and sometimes Mobile Internet doesn't work completelly. I can confirm that it's not Mobile provider issues, because I tried to use my sim-card in another phone and everything worked perfectly.
- I also did hard reset again with wiping all data and caches, then I noticed new bug. When I try to call somebody my phone hangs completelly and I can't do anything, just black screen and sometimes appears message with text: Close application or wait?
- Then I did downgrade to 16.0615.1908.109 through AFT, but this didn't help me, I still see UNKNOWN_PRJ_ID and phone hangs during calls.
- Then I upgraded to 16.0615.2002.120, checked that all issues still exist. And after this I upgraded my phone to Android 10 BETA V17.0615.2005.25. I was really surprised, when I realized, that model of my phone is correct again ASUS_X00QD, mobile network works fine, I can make and receive calls and use 4G mobile Internet! But when I downgrade back to 16.0615.2002.120 I again receive old issues.
So for now I'm at V17.0615.2005.25, but it's pretty poor and would rather return back to PIE with Zen UI and all ASUS applications.
Why this issue happened with my phone and what is your suggestions ASUS support? I know, that I can find service and give them my phone for repairing, but this will take lot of time and don't want do this for now. I will do this as last resort.
I thouht that it was issue with hardware, but it works on Android 10, so it's not hardware issue. And I think there should be possiblity to fix it.