1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

I've bought a 4k 60HZ monitor, bought HMDI 2.1 cable, however, I am only able to set the output to 4K 30HZ (which produces a lot of noticeable screen stutter).

I am now wondering whether UX533FD has an HDMI 2.0+ port at all... Could not find anywhere anything about what kind of HDMI is in the laptop.

Any suggestions on what might be the problem?

P. S. I have all the latest drivers for video cards, monitor, motherboard and etc installed and checked.

Comments

• Hello d.sapezinskas,

UX533FD is having HDMI1.4, and the maximum resolution and frequency for HDMI output is 4096 x 2160, 24 Hz.

Thank you.

• Well..that's sad having in mind that the laptop was released in 2019. Any way around it? How about USB C to DP? Can the USB C port in the laptop output 4k at 60 HZ? 🤔

• Hello d.sapezinskas,

For the display port, the maximum output would be 4096 X 2160, 60 Hz

Thank you.

• Yes, but the laptop does not have a Display Port, it only has USB C 3.1 port. Is the USB C 3.1 port able to output the above mentioned resolution at the 60 HZ rate?

Thanks!

• Hello d.sapezinskas,

Sorry, typo mistake. The 4096 X 2160, 60 Hz is the USB C display support.

Thank you.

• Thanks for your help so far, Blake.

Update: i've bought a USB C to DP cable.. and the monitor now says that there is no signal and does not display anything at all. Should I somehow turn the USB-C/DP connection on? Does it work differently that just plugging it in?

Thanks!

• Hello d.sapezinskas,

After double confirmation, the type C is using Display Port signal directly.

You may consider to try another cable for your issue.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.