Few things to consider
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name:Asus Rog 3(ZS661KS)
- Firmware Version:17.0823.2007.58
- Rooted or not:No
- Frequency of Occurrence: always
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): in the system ui itself
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
Don't consider this as a complaint. I'm just suggesting for some improvement which I think can be done.
I've been using this device since a couple of days. These are few things I noticed where there is room for improvement.
1. Black crush is prevalent and I know the team is working already on it. In the .58 update with increase in brightness the black gets converted to grey. I believe Asus has done this deliberately as a counter-intuitive idea to Black crush temporarily and it's working too. While watching videos above 60% brightness, there's no crushing,but at the cost of true black characteristic of amoled display. please let the Devs know when they're tuning the display, as it's an amoled display we would love to enjoy the true blacks even at the max brightness. This happens only when a video is played on YouTube or any other media player or any OTT platform. When any photos are viewed in gallery,it retains the pitch black characteristic even at max brightness.
2. Talking about the battery; I'm getting a good SOT with 90hz always on which is of 9:30hrs-10hrs. But I had to turn off ambient display to achieve this sot which I didn't want. At the beginning when I would turn the always on display I used to get the sot somewhere in between 7-7:30hrs which I think a bit less, provided the device has a massive 6000mah battery. So, I think this can be improved with further updates. (I didn't take screenshot of the previous SOTs but if required please let me know. I'll take screenshot of 2-3 charging cycles).
3. I haven't checked whether anyone has reported regarding the schedule charging and slow charging or not as I haven't scrolled all pages. Both these options under powermaster are broken. Neither of these two options are working. If you guys are already aware regarding this issue then that's fine, if not then please do consider.
4. The volume is not well distributed at different volume level. Undoubtedly it's loud and clear and the functions are working as well. But while increasing the volume, the volume increases abruptly after 80%. Like all of a sudden it gets boosted to a maximum level. I think that can be controlled.
Till now I've noticed these things. Rest all functions are functioning as they're supposed to. The performance is stellar. Kindly do consider the aforementioned points and let me know if I can help with anything. Thank you.