Why does the uninstallable widget, on the desktop, search by default uses chrome, and not the google app???
Thank you for your asking. The search widgets of my MPM1 with A10 V429 and my MPM2 A10 V424 all search by Google in default. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Settings>Apps & notifications>3 dots on the top row>Reset app preferences
2. If this problem also persisted when you were in Android 9, please check you google account settings.
3. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
4. Also, please try "the Factory Reset"
Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
This problem in android 10. The widget is always google chrome. Even if you remove chrome, the widget is still not a google app. I did a reset, wipe cache and it doesn't change anything. And this is for many on the zb602kl model in Russia. This happens on all beta versions of android 10.
Thank you for your reply. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Your current firmware version.
2. Does the issue happen in Android 9 as well?
3. A video recording Search on widget>Tap "Resent apps" button below to show me the app
If there is any link/video/thread of the same issue on other Russia users please let me know as well.
Now I'm on android 9 084, there are no such problems. And on all versions of android 9 there are no problems. On android 10, this is on all versions. I understand that this is the AOSP version and I cannot delete the search bar, but this bar launches the chrome app. After removing the chrome, the bar becomes different and launches the google app, but its design is not google app.
Yes, I understand. Yet since my device hasn't encounter the same issue in Android 10, and I have never gotten similar report from other users. Please provide me the essential video for further checking. Thank you.
Is there no specific date for update to rollout fixing the bugs we are encountering??
More how many days we need to use this buggy update???
So, I installed 429 version again. I have no root, third-party software. Clean install. In the video you see my screen, it is one. I show my version of the device and actions when I click on the serach bar. As you can see, it even rolls up in chrome. This is not a google app.
I think he is saying that the Google widget is not removable.
Can't you tell the difference between google widget and chrome widget ??? Can you see that this is not a google widget ???? I wrote above that I know that this is the AOSP version and you cannot delete the widget.
How did you remove chrome since you cannot delete chrome app because it is a preloaded app?
Facepalm..... лютый фейспалм.
There is a google app and google chrome for android. I always use the google app search engine. But on android 10 I have the default search bar chrome. I understand that I cannot delete the search, but I cannot change it to google app. In the Indian version, everyone has a Google app search by default, in the Russian version, chrome search is set by default. Moreover, this only applies to 10 android. Many do not see the difference in Russia because they use yandex. I can also turn off chrome and only then the widget launches the google app. But that's not okay.
1. You cannot change a chrome widget into Google app widget.
2. Asus could have made the widget to redirect the user to Google app if the widget could not detect chrome app or any app which could handle the request.(this would save the launcher from crashing if the user have disabled or some how managed to delete chrome app).
3. This could be a design choice specific for the Russian sku.
nothing new. I will wait for the answer of the moderator
Thank you for your reply. I already checked on the video, and I may need logs for further checking. Please check you inbox and reply me the logs to avoid any personal information leaking.
After checking, the behavior of search widget leading to Chrome is normal based on Russia regulations. Thank you.