Unlocking Bootloader after 2nd RMA (motherboard) not possible - Error 105

mgblueboymgblueboy Level 1
edited October 2020 in ZenFone 6

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL-2A031EU)
  2. Firmware Version: Android 9 (WW-16.1220.1909.194) and Android 10 (WW-17.1810.2007.165 / WW-17.1810.2007.165)
  3. Rooted or not: not (currently)
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): UnlockTool_9.2.0.0

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Bought and unlocked Bootloader last year. After the first RMA (camera sensor) unlocking wasn't possible - until Version 9.2.0.0 was released. Unlocked with that like a charm. Sadly, some days later, another RMA (motherboard) was necessary and now the unlocking process is again not working. The lovely, known possible network error (105).

Tried the solution from another post (inserting SD-Card). But it didn't helped.

Happens via WiFi and Data. With and without SD-Card / SIM.

Comments

• We're investigating this and hope to solve it soon.

• any update on this?

• Hey,

my last information is, that the issue is still under investigation (PMs, this week). They are getting forward in finding and solving the root cause without braking something else, but for the time we some more patience.

• Update:

After the FOTA-Update to Version WW-17.1810.2009.176 the unlocking went without a flaw. So for me everything is solved now and running as I want.

• Updated to the newest version WW-17.1810.2009.176 and it still does not unlock. My issue still persists 😤

• Sorry to hear that. Because stuff like this made a difference in other discussions with unlocking-problems, some further informations from me. Everything beyond that is the support.

- Device secured with a Pin, nothing more/else

- Done via WiFi

- No SIM-Card, but SD-Card inside

- besides that, nothing I would remember

Good Luck

This discussion has been closed.