AleeeKoiAleeeKoi Level 1
edited October 2020 in ZenBook
  1. System: window 10 pro (v. 2004)
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: ux433fn
  4. Frequency of occurrence: every startup

========================

Detailed description:

Hello, I'm facing an issue with the wifi module. The hardware device stop working with an error 10.

Searching on the web I found a temporally solution: resetting bios setting on defaults. But on every new startup the problem return and the wifi stop to work.

Using the driver linked on the official asus page or update it to the last provided by intel doesn't resolves the problem.

Uninstalling wifi driver and reinstall it making a clean installation is not working too.

There are any solutiions?

Thank you

Comments

• Hello AleeeKoi,

Does the issue happen in 2004 only? or also in 1909?

Thank you.

• Hi, I’m not sure but I think it’s not related to the os version. First time append ~ 4 month ago and resetting bios makes it working again.

Now it’s impossible to use.. every day I need to reset bios to default.

there’s something can I do?

• Try to use generic wifi driver from intel site for your model.

or esle some other barnds laptop might use same wifi device with customized driver , so install that driver if you able to find it,

• it’s my second topic on this forum and it’s your second response without reading what I have just written........

Drivers from intel Website are not working.

And no, I don’t want to search in others web sites for a solutions..

• Hello AleeeKoi,

May you rollback to 1909?

your BIOS is version 308, and Wifi driver is V10.34.0603.2019?

May you also try to enter safe mode and see if the issue still happen?

Thank you.

• Hi AleeeKoi, did something work for you?

I have the exact same issue, it happened like 3 months ago and since then I was never able to use the wifi again. I have tried diferent driver versions, bios update, etc ...

Lately I tried using linux so I can confirm this may not be related to Windows version or drivers. During linux start several messages error messages related to the wifi and BT module are issued. Therefore it looks bios related to me.

• Hi! Unfortunately not. What Blade suggest doesn’t works.

• @Blake_ASUS any other ideas?

I have tried BIOS 307, 308, 309, 310 (latest available)

• Hello delpba,

For your case,

Please kindly send your device to service center.

Thank you.

• Blake, no solution for me? My ux433 is already suffering the coil whine, now the wifi module is not working.. fine for a one year old notebook!

I am disappointed.

• Hello AleeeKoi,

well...I'm waiting for your answer ..BIOS version, Windows, Driver....

or you can send your device to service center too.

Thank you.

• Bios is the last one 310, the windows and the driver version I tell you in the first message.

I'm using notebook for work and sending it to your service center is not possible. A software fix is needed.

• Hello AleeeKoi,

You only said you are using Windows 2004.....and can you rollback to 1909?

I was asking your WIFI driver.....

and you have enter safe mode?

I have to say it first, if it's very likely a hardware issue, please do not expect software fix and send your device to service center.

Thank you.

• Blake, I can’t rollback my win 10 version.

About the WiFi driver version I have tested without success the OEM v21.50.0.5 and the last one from intel web site.

As I already said I can’t send my notebook to you for 15 days or more without a substitution.

And.. because resetting bios to default settings makes WiFi working again I consider this a software/firmware bug! Please, check on google and you can find other with the same issue (same WiFi module).

I’m waiting for a solutions.

• Hello AleeeKoi,

So...have you ever entered safe mode.....

would you want to reset the OS?

Thank you.

• Blake, already entered in safe mode and already tried to make a clean installation of drivers without success.

Sometimes hardware stop working with code 10 an I need to reset bios to defaults to make it works again.

Reset OS not working too.

• Hello AleeeKoi,

Please kindly send your device to service center.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

• Blake, as I have already said, service center is not an option at now.

Anyway, my suspicions were well founded.. I have tried to reinstall bios firmware (the latest) but doesn't resolve.

So I have started to disabling devices from windows device manager and manually uninstall divers and then reinstall them (choosing latest from the asus page). I lost count how many configuration I have tried BUT.. now is working and restarting/shutting down windows doesn't make wifi not working.

So at now all devices are enabled and working with the last version (from asus) and in the windows bluetooth settings I have removed/uninstalled all devices associated in the past and turned off bluetooth too.

I really think this issue it's related to the bluetooth device/driver and the windows service. Blake can you tell me something about it? Are you in contact with windows for this problem?

I'll be back if this configuration will stop working again.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.