Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at 60hz

ZT-6ce35844
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG phone 3
Firmware Version: build number..... (....2007.32)
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: whenever the brightness is lowered to less than 40 percent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): no
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
=======================================
Whenever the screen brightness is lowered to a certain level (approximately below 40 %), the screen's refresh rate gets lowered to 60 hz even after I've already selected the 144hz option in the settings.
I have updated the phone's firmware to the latest one but still the problem persists. I've checked it using various applications also along with different websites.
The only place where the refresh rate of the screen stays at 144hz even under low brightness is when a game is opened up.
This is unacceptable from Asus as this is a premium category phone, I'm very disappointed from this bug.
Question: Is this a software bug or a hardware problem?
Because if it's a hardware issue then I must return it.
Please look into this as it is a really serious problem.
screenshot-20200819-041720382.jpg
screenshot-20200819-041653271.jpg
1st image is at 70 percent brightness and the 2nd one is at 20 percent brightness.
6 REPLIES 6

Aman89053
Rising Star II
Facing exact same issue plus black crush...
Please go and give them 1 rating . So that they can learn for Next time..

ZT-6ce35844
Star II
Aman89053

Facing exact same issue plus black crush...

Please go and give them 1 rating . So that they can learn for Next time..

View post
I don't understand why isn't anyone (from asus) acknowledging to this problem... Being such a huge company, its is atleast expected from them that they reply to the problem.
I hope any of the mod reply ATLEAST!

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We are aware of it. The 60hz limit is below 30% brightness or below 20% if you turn off adaptive brightness. The reason for this limit is to preserve image quality but we have been listening to all the feedback and we are currently discussing the matter internally.

imbackatyou
Star III
Anders_ASUS

We are aware of it. The 60hz limit is below 30% brightness or below 20% if you turn off adaptive brightness. The reason for this limit is to preserve image quality but we have been listening to all the feedback and we are currently discussing the matter internally.

View post
I don't get the idea why this kind of limitation is implemented. Sure, the screen will be darkish/redish at lower brightness with 144hz is enabled. But it shouldn't be limited to 60hz. Because that is the point of choosing the refresh rate. You can't expect all the users will use 20% above brightness all the time. Even 5% is too bright for me with lights on. I am even using screen dimmer app on my room when my lights is off because 0% is just too bright.