This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please enable "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" (VoLTE) IMS registration for Zenfone 5Z and Vodafone (Germany)

Sputnik5Z
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5Z
Firmware Version: Android 10 /Version WW-100.10.107.92
Rooted or not: original/not rooted
========================================
@asus Technical Team:
Please enable the Option "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" for the VODAFONE Carrier in Germany too.
The option "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" is not available @Zenfone 5Z and Vodafone says, they have enable VoLTE for my mobile number.
The codes @internet doesn´t help ( "Even though dialing "*#*#3642623344#*#*" mentioned here on the forums enables the "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode", - they do not seem to work. Even in the Phone info app (dialing "*#*#4636#*#*") shows VoLTE and VoWiFi as unavailable in the IMS Registration menu."
The adding of IMS for APN Type doesn´t help.
When i check the IMS Registration status it says: not registred and Voice-over-LTE: not available
I´m using the former flagship Asus Zenfone 5Z with Snapdragon 845 / 8GB RAM / 256GB storage and i "thought" it was worth to spend a lot of money... actualy i think i´ was wrong...
3 REPLIES 3

Sputnik5Z
Star II

@ ASUS Support Team:
The Vodafone Support Team for Germany answered me today, that the Zenfone 5Z is not in their compatibility list for VoLTE (list from 24.07.2020) ->so the manufacturer ASUS has to change "something" =>please update the APN table for Vodafone (Germany) in the next "August" Firmware Update for Zenfone 5Z or please do similar corrections (activate IMS registry & voice-over-lte-availability etc. ...).
There are similar examples in the older updates:
Version WW-100.10.107.70:
"Updated apn table
- Removed Ventelo internet/mms APN
- Updated Sweden Tele2 APN"

Version WW-100.04.44.98
8."Upgraded APN settings
1. Add the APN setting of Canada Public Mobile
2. Modify ASUS APN Setting"
Version WW-80.11.37.53
2. Enable TWM Volte

OR: Do you have a functional workaround like the several *#*#123456#*#* codes for the Zenfone 5Z to enable the Enhanced 4G LTE Mode?
THANK YOU.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi d.lemkau
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi d.lemkau
Thank you for your waiting. After checking, ZS620KL is not supported by German carriers. Sorry for any inconvenience it may caused.