This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neither Booting-up nor Charging.

xkcd0137
Star I
I have a 15 month old Vivobook S430UA. It is not in warranty, so Asus is not cooperating with services though its clearly a manufacturing defect. Also my residential campus is under lockdown so I am unable to go out to get it repaired.
From 7th July, it is not booting up normally. When I connect the charger, the charging light doesn't light up either.
Though on 2 instances, I have managed to boot it up after pressing the power button for 120+ seconds but then it goes back to Not-booting up even if left on 'Sleep' mode.
Also, the power button doesn't seem to be working correctly. When it booted up once, I pressed the power button but got no response.

PS - Its keypad has failed once before. I got that replaced under warranty. Then on 5th July (2 days before it stopped booting up), the new keypad also started acting weirdly and wasn't typing correctly. So I used my bluetooth keyboard. It went back to normal the next day i.e. 6th July but from 7th, it just stopped booting up.
1 REPLY 1

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello xkdc0137,
Please kindly send your device to service center when you are available.
It's a bit difficult to identify your issue and cause without dismantling the device.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you.