battery charging intervals

luca623luca623 Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6

Hello. Does anyone explain to me how the choice of battery charging intervals works or how it should work?

I set a time slot and connected the charger.

The battery has recharged as if nothing had happened, not caring about the set time intervals.

I'm confused

Comments

• If you are using schedule Charging then schedule charging are not designed to stop the charging at a certain percentage, they are designed to slow down the charging rate to slow down the battery degradation.

It will charge normally upto 80% and then slow down and it will reach 100% before the scheduled time.

Also, its mentioned that the phone will be charged before the end time.

It will recharge your phone before the end time approximately (45 mins to 1hr before)

Keep a check on battery health.

Thanks!

• _jis__jis_ Level 5

When the Start and End Times are set correctly, Battery Care can be used to ensure that the battery does not charge more than 81%. Many users have confirmed here that this is exactly how they use Battery Care. However, it would be very useful if Battery Care also had a switch that would allow to reset the battery statistics not at the standard 90%, but at 80%.

Read this thread for example:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/28485/scheduled-charging-battery-care-bug

• _jis__jis_ Level 5

There was a thread where there was a link to an article directly from Asus explaining including detailed pictures. Unfortunately, this article was lost and has not been returned yet, it has not added the correct link to that thread despite repeated requests. There is:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/18282/how-to-use-battery-care

• VS-KRVS-KR Level 4

Just to inform that the new ROG Phone 3 has the ability to set a charging limit, 80 90 or 100%

So we have chance to get that on the next ZenUI ...

• These features were requested by guys in our 6z fourm and we didn't get them but ROG3 does.

• I understand, then why do I see the notices I attach?

As you can see from the icons, both scheduled and quick charge are active ...

In addition, despite the fact that there are several hours to the end of the scheduled recharge, Power master tells me that the battery will be fully charged in just over an hour.

I have already cleared the cache but it has been useless.

Is there no way to turn off fast charging?

• VS-KRVS-KR Level 4

I don't understand the problem.

You can't set a percentage limit. The actual feature is designed to fully charge at the end hour you've set ...

It will always show "quick charge" even if it is slowed thanks to this battery charging system ...

• Dear, in the first image the system informs me that the recharge will be finished in 1 hours and 5 minutes, while the recharge should be completed 7 hours later. in the second image the system informs me that if I leave the phone charging longer than necessary, the battery can be damaged. in the third image the system informs me that the recharge will be completed sooner than I have set it up. all this despite smart charging being active. Am I the only one who thinks it's weird? I don't want to set the recharge percentage. I want to make sure that the scheduled recharge ends at the set time and not before.

Tks

• VS-KRVS-KR Level 4

Yes, information textes are messy I agree.

If you've set your beginning and ending charging time, it will charge progressively in this schedule.

Mind that it will may rich 100% 1h or 30 min before the end time !

This discussion has been closed.