Google Photos Stabilization Error While Saving

utpal2024utpal2024 Level 2
edited October 2020 in ZenFone 6

On latest version Google photos doesn't work properly. After stabilizing it showing "unable to save changes". Please @Anders_ASUS fix this bug in next update.

My device is on July security patch & latest version 165

Comments

• BhaskyBhasky Level 2

Yes, this is a bug but not sure whether it's by google or mfg, several users of many other brands were also complaining about this,

Even I realized it now, all the workarounds like, shooting video in 30fps / or lower res and then tried saving after stabalizing but nothing works

• Yes. IT WAS WORKING ON ANDROID 10. BUT I THINK PROBLEM IN SECURITY PATCH LAVEL UPDATE. I TRIED EVERY KIND OF TROUBLESHOOT BUT WENT IN VAIN.

•  Hi there, thank you for highlighting the issue. We have made a note of the feedback and will share it with the relevant team.

• Thanks you in advanced

• is this still persisting ?

• Yes. It is still persisting.

• God bless this device with future updates, did a mistake considering this as premium from asus , i would rather sell this off with Pie , no gurantee in adding features or even fixing the bugs

• We have to wait for this month update to check again

• no it won't be a fruitful, this device is orphan now

• Hey all, there is an update to this bug from Google Photos, so this has been solved

• I updated last night. Still Stabilization doesn't work properly.

• oh ! no, thanks for the response though, but even now it's not getting saved ?

• No it's not saving

• BhaskyBhasky Level 2
    edited August 2020

My experience with update (10-12 days of observation)

Failing frequency while flipping camera was high, battery backup was poor, this photo/video saving issue was part of 165 , so I decided to revert back to Pie.

No further updates could resolve these issues as many other users are too complaining,

So for 6z Pie is the only better OS.

it's really an utter disappointment.

• I think it is right

I also had reverted to pie. But after a day came back again on 10 latest.

• @Anders_ASUS there has been two updates from google photos for this issue and it's still not fixed with latest build 171

• No it's still not fixed

• Version 171 (6z)

Still not fixed

• BhaskyBhasky Level 2
    edited August 2020

looks like they don't even bother about these kind of issues

• doublem101doublem101 Level 1
    edited September 2020

This a major issue for me.

I record a lot of videos and everytime i need to stabilize them is a pain. I couldn't find any good app to do it, so i must use online services or use my PC which is really time consuming.

Google Photos has a great stabilization algoritm and everything seems fine in preview. However i can't save any changes. I keep Google Photos always updated but it doesn't seem to work.

How difficult can be to Asus to fix this issue? Please check this once and for all.

This discussion has been closed.