Asus 5Z battery is draining fast

sangha.sahusangha.sahu Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 5 Series

I bought this phone recently. I started using it since yesterday (11 July 2020). It's running on android 10. But I can see that battery is drained out very quickly. I run using dark mode. Even then it doesn't help. In both use and stand by mode it just drains out quite fast.

In a normal day in my previous phone Moto G6, this would last for longer.

I believe this needs a fix. Request you to take care.

Comments

• If you are on .87 firmware then don't worry they are aware of this battery issue and they will fix it in upcoming updates.

Stay tuned!

Thanks!

• Thanks for the reply. I am attaching one more screen shot with "software information" details of my phone. Please confirm if this has the same filmware version you talked about.

• Debasish SahooDebasish Sahoo Level 3
    edited July 2020

Yes you are on .87 firmware. Don't worry they will fix it.

• Please follow below steps may improve battery backup:

1. Enable “Power saver” (Settings > Power management)

2. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)

3. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)

4. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,

5. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 

You may also Recalibrate battery

To recalibrate battery, charge your phone to 100% without interruption.

then discharge it normally till 0%(phone gets switched off).

charge it to 100% in switched off condition and keep it in that state for a little more time.

now switch on your phone in charged condition and unplug when ASUS logo appears.

keep the phone unused for 5 mins.

you will get far better battery life as the battery stats.bin file will be updated.

This discussion has been closed.