This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPS drop in my ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DV

System: ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DV_FX505DV
Battery or AC: FX50442
Model: Windows 10 Home Single Language (x64) Build 18363.900 (1909/November 2019 Update)
Frequency of occurrence: everytime cpu overheat i think for game like far cry new dawn start about 15 minutes playtime
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi I would like to ask, does anybody have same problem as mine. My problem is when I play any game especially heavy game that use main VGA, getting frame drop (in about 30 minutes playtime )like from 120 to 10-20 fps and this fps drop make the game almost unplayable for about less than 1 minute but this drop occur frequently. What i can monitor is when i play game my GPU temperature (RTX2060) is about 60-70 but cpu can reach stable in 95 .The other i can tell is what happen when fps drop is the cpu clock down to about 400ghz. Anyone can give me the solution?
Nb: this laptop is used for 2 month so i think its not because the termal paste is dried out
whatsapp-image-2020-07-12-at-17-53-38.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello hassrevenkurniawan,
May you double check if your BIOS and VGA driver have been updated?
ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DV Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS GlobalPlease kindly provide the game and version your are playing as well.
Thank you.

I have the same problem with my pc with 2 months of use too, any solution?

Blake_ASUS

Hello hassrevenkurniawan,

May you double check if your BIOS and VGA driver have been updated?

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX505DV/HelpDesk_Download/

Please kindly provide the game and version your are playing as well.

Thank you.

View post
i think i done it all update the bios and vga driver and still no change, and the problem is coming to any game even playing smooth game like csgo with low working still happen to drop fps

randi
Star I
same thing is happening to me i'm getting so frustrated i only bought this laptop 2 months ago,this problem is all over the internet,is there a solution.