This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens foggy if left unused in monsoon, what about fungus then?

duttasanjiv
Star II
I live in Goa which gets very humid in monsoon. And my Zenfone6 lens is getting foggy as I left unused for two weeks. There was no sudden temperature change as reasoned in another post.
I heat up the camera unit using flip mode 2/3 times repeatedly. This way I am somehow circumventing the problem.
But my concern is fungus. If moisture can deposit on lens inside the camera unit, so can the fungus. I am extremely disappointed after spending so much money only for the much hyped flip camera. Doesn't Asus consider humidity as a design input parameter?
Please give me a solution how to clean the lens in such case (which is definitely going to happen in next 2 months). Shd I take it to service centre?
4 REPLIES 4

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, we suggest you to please visit the nearest ASUS service center for better assistance. Locate here : https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

duttasanjiv
Star II
Mr. victor2020, are you representing Asus or just an user?
Why I need to visit service center, meaning my 4 months old phone is already having a defect? How awful quality standards you maintain ! And price is sky high for an average quality phone just for that gimmicky 'flip' camera.

_jis_
Zen Master III
Mr. victor2020, are you representing Asus or just an user?
If you see label MOD beside the name of an user, it means that this user is forum moderator.
You can even check the Moderators list on every forum page too.

duttasanjiv
Star II
Now I have decided to visit nearest service centre. Because even if I leave this unused for 24 hours, then after opening camera app, fogs accumulate on the normal angle camera (not wide one) and takes 10 minutes to clear up. Worse, now I noticed that its picture clarity/sharpness/contrast is compromised PERMANENTLY compared to the wide angle camera. I tried by many side by side snaps and found normal angle camera looks PERMANENTLY FOGGY, though there is no fogs visible on it. I guess fungus has grown on it now. This is an unprecedented issue , unheard for sealed, fixed lens cameras spl. in smartphones. What is the final solution then? Shall I have to bring it every weekend to service centre? Also, is the cleaning process (even if they were able to clean it) not harmful for the lens coating?
I did not insert even a SIM since I believed the hype about the camera and ONLY bought it as a video camera. Now after paying an exorbitant price also my main objective is totally ruined . I am sure ASUS is fully aware of this so I have decided to demand a return & refund. This is totally ASUS' fault to launch a faulty product.