Screen freezes when phone is kept idle

Hey guys,

So when I lock my phone and keep it idle for a few minutes, the screen freezes every time. Screen doesn't light up when touched or power key is pressed, but the phone is on. When ambient display is on, the screen is on but stuck at 'always on display clock' screen and also the clock shows the time when phone was locked for the last time ( i.e. time not updated). I applied factory reset a couple of times but the problem still persist. Facing this problem from yesterday morning. Please help ASAP

Tagged:

Comments

• edited July 1

@SushaNt_ROG When you say "a couple of minutes", do you mean that it won't freeze if you press the power button to lock and then instantly unlock it again, or say after 20 seconds?

I would recommend performing a factory reset without adding all your applications and settings back directly after, in the case that your problem is caused by some application running haywire on your device.

edit: Also, when it freezes, are you forcing a reboot to get it working again?

• SushaNt_ROGSushaNt_ROG Level 1
    edited July 2

@Gustav_ASUS It won't freeze if I unlock it instantly or maybe within a minute. It neither freezes when I am using it. But when I put a lock and keep it idle for a few minutes ( sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 15 minutes), it freezes.

I have performed factory reset too. But it freezes still when there's not a single installed app.

When it freezes it won't power off or reboot simply by pressing and holding power button. I have to press and hold volume down + power button for 15 sec or so to perform a reboot everytime.

PS: I play eSports (PUBGM) and currently a tournament is going on (PMIS). It has made life worse :(

• @SushaNt_ROG Okay, I'm sending you instructions via PM on how to log your phone.

• @Gustav_ASUS I can't post the link of log of G-drive here. It won't allow me to paste it here. Where can I send you this?

• Hi started having the same issue from 5/7/2020 , could you please help.

• @SushaNt_ROG bro were you able to fix the issue

• @alwaysdanish No the issue is not fixed. I have given phone to service centre

• ronald1985ronald1985 Level 2

While Gustav_ASUS is getting logs, I will try and reproduce the problem.

Can you guys say what apps you have installed? I only have games installed and VLC player on mine and nothing else. Do list out any launchers you are using too.

Also, do say whether you have the 8GB or the 12GB RAM version of the phone too?

• Hi I am using 8 GB Version-

Below is list of apps.

Airtel

Amazon Shopping

Assistive Touch

bigbasket

Binance

BookMyShow

Camera Connect

Citibank IN

ColorNote

Docs

Domino's

Facebook

Flipkartt

Glassdoor

Google Play

Google Play Games

GoToWebinar

Headway

Hock CMA Prepare

Immersive Manager

inshorts

Insta Fit

Instagram

iSocietyManager

LinkedIn

LockMyPix

MX Player

Naukri.com

OlaCabs

PayPal

Paytm

PowerPoint

Prime Video

ProtonVPN

PUBG MOBILE

Quora

Rapido

Smart File Manager

SMT Employee

Snapseed

SoundCloud

Spencer's

Splitwise

Spotify

SQL Code Play

Storytel

Swiggy

Telegram

Truecaller

Twitter

Uber

Udemy

UEM Client

VLC

WhatsApp

Work

Yahoo Mail

YouTube Music

Zeta

Zomato

• ronald1985ronald1985 Level 2
    edited 10:48PM

You may have done this already, but let's ask just incase you haven't. The original poster says a factory reset was done, but I assumed you haven't yet.

Suggestion 1: On the phone on the home screen, press the Recent Apps icon and ensure you close all apps. See if you get the same issue.

Suggestion 2: You have Assistive Touch install, the only one that may interfere with the lock screen. Please can you uninstall it to see if you get the issue.

Suggestion 3: The other thing I would like you to try is: Settings - Battery - Power Master - Auto Start Manager - untick all apps and restart your phone. See if you get the same issue?

The very last suggestion which is up to you is do a factory reset. Don't install anything, but only to attempt to get the issue with no apps installed.