ASUS TUF A15 506IU Screen Flickering
- System: ASUS TUF A15 FA506IU (Ryzen 7 4800H, GTX 1660TI, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
- Battery or AC: Both
- Model: FA506IU
- Frequency of occurrence: Varies, as little as every few seconds
- Reset OS: Yes
- Screenshot or video:
Detailed description：I'm getting screen flickering on my new TUF A15 (received 6/17 from Amazon.com -- sold by Amazon). I have done many hours worth of troubleshooting and resets now, including:
- A few factory resets
- Using the original drivers, updating to the latest ASUS nVidia & AMD drivers, and updating to the latest game-ready NV drivers
Whenever I would reset the OS, it seemed to go away indicating to me it was a software issue. My first thought was drivers, but even when I did not update the drivers from factory it would still pop up, but I believe I have identified the issue.
- GeForce driver: 442.92 (Studio Driver), updated via GeForce Experience
- AMD chipset driver: 26.20.14048.2 (Obtained from ASUS, used AMD cleanup utility in safe mode as prescribed)
- All other drivers and BIOS are latest from ASUS
If I install Windows Sandbox (via Windows Features control panel), I get screen flickering. If I disable Windows Sandbox, I get no flickering. I also read that someone had the same issue with the Windows Hyper-V feature. It seems like there is some kind of conflict between the software/drivers on the A15 and Windows virtualization features. I've turned the feature on and off multiple times just to confirm, and invariable I get screen flickering when it is on.
is anyone else able to confirm this issue with virtualization features on the A15? If this is universally an issue, it's definitely something that needs a fix, at least for my usage.