Asus rog phone 2 Display problem

edited September 2020 in ROG Phone 2

I play PUBG game daily. But after Android 10 update if I am not playing PUBG and using other application or on ideal screen i can see the PUBG control icon appears on my screen.

Comments

• edited June 2020

It's not too dark but if we see carefully it can see.

It's not too dark but if we see carefully it can see.

We can see it clearly on white screen

Please help

• OPCOPC Level 4

It sounds like screen burn-in. Nothing to do with software. But better post photo for more clarity.

• It doesn't appears in screen shot

• ronald1985ronald1985 127.0.0.1 Level 5
    edited June 2020

I think what OPC mean is take a photo from another phone and post it here. If it isn't appearing on screenshots, then it is definately screen burn where a static object have been left for too long in the same place. Common issues with screens not just on phones, but with TVs and monitors too.

• OPCOPC Level 4

This is correct. It only show on the photo from other device. And it has been reported here already as a result of playing PUBG.

• Is there any solution for this

• OPCOPC Level 4

Replacement of the screen under warranty. If it's burned in. Put a photo here so admins can see it and say their comment.

• edited June 2020

It's not too dark

And there are many more

• OPCOPC Level 4

That looks like a burn in. So I would claim.

• Aryan202Aryan202 Level 5
    edited June 2020

Sadly it's one of the downsides of having an OLED display (you get darker blacks and punchier colors but the pixels are organic in nature and if stressed enough they can die)

And no there's no solution apart from getting a replacement as far as I know

The only thing you can do to avoid burn in is to avoid using phone at high brightness for long durations

The probability of having burn in increases if the display has some static image,which can be the button layout of a particular game(like in your case pubg) or the the WhatsApp header of a group or something else

A article that describes it better:

Try your luck at an Asus certified service centre if the phone is still in warranty

• edited June 2020

My device is in warranty period.

And does asus gives display warranty for 1 years?

My device warranty exist from 9/11/2019 to 8/11/2020

• ronald1985ronald1985 127.0.0.1 Level 5

Not neccessary because it can be considered as wear and tear - if you do manage to get it under repair, be sure to get a confirmation that it is done under warranty so you don't get the bill afterwards. Take a photo too by the sounds of what is happening to some.

Also, try to be nice to the person you speak too.

This discussion has been closed.