Battery charging problem

Saumya kapoorSaumya kapoor Level 1
edited September 2020 in ROG Phone 2

I bought rog 2, 8 months ago and now I'm facing the problem of Charging the phone I have to plug and unplug it often to get fast charging signal (++ mark) so please tell me that I have to change the charger/cable or its phone port fault. Im also using aero active cooler 2 and same happen if I plug charging in that too. Help ASAP

Comments

• OPCOPC Level 4

In my case it was the cable. To be precise pins within metal jack on one side got damaged. If I would plug that side in the phone, whichever port, including cooler, I needed to constantly plug it in and out to get it charging. If I would plug that side of the cable into the charger, I would have the same problem on the charger side. That's how I discovered it was the cable and not the phone.

I bought the new USB-C 3.2 cable rated at 5A. You have to buy 5Ampere (100 W) cable to be sure it will charge fast.

It all happened just last week and the phone is 8 months old. So more or less identical as your case.

• @Saumya kapoor You might have a damaged cable similar to the user above, judging by the fact that it's doing the same thing when you have the fan connected to the side port.

This discussion has been closed.