"Show touches" option isn't disabling throughout the UI when screen recorder crashes unexpectedly
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: Zenfone 5Z (ASUS_Z01RD)
- Firmware Version: 126.96.36.199_20200520
- Rooted or not: Not rooted
- Frequency of Occurrence: Consistent
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Screen Recorder (Native) v188.8.131.52_191018
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
Summary : Show touches is not disabling in the system level when the recorder is killed unexpectedly while an on going recording session with show touches option enabled in the recorder's settings.
Model name : Asus Zenfone 5Z (ASUS_Z01RD)
Build info: WW_Z01RD-user 10 QKQ1.191008.001 WW_user_184.108.40.206_20200520 release-keys
Serial number: J5AAGF016150PCY
Steps to reproduce :
1. Start native screen recording from quick tiles.
2. Go to settings of screen recorder and turn on "Show touches" option, if already enabled leave as is.
3. While the native screen recorder records in this setting, reboot the system.
4. When it boots back, show touches is enabled and shows throughout the phone's UI.
Workaround tried :
* Killed screen recorder from the recent apps menu
* Cleared cache of the screen recorder
* Cleared storage of the screen recorder, force stopped the app and cleared it from the recent apps menu.
* Rebooted the system to safe mode.
Nothing really helped. It turns off and gets back to normal state only when we toggle the "Show Touches" option off from the developers option.
The reboot action isn't strictly peculiar because reboot can happen any time. In my case, battery was over and it switched off while a screen recording session was going on.
Please fix this glitch.