DcendentsDcendents Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 5 Series

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 5Q
  2. Firmware Version: latest?
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I just changed my phone to Asus Zenfone 5Q and I noticed a weird behavior, I even did a factory reset and restarted from scratch, only to face the same issue again the next day.

So when do not disturb is activated, if I reboot the phone, then the flashlight will not work (the button is greyed out) and some apps, most notably acrobits softphone will not start and crash. As soon as I disable the do not disturb, everything works correctly again, no reboot is necessary.

I like to activate DND automatically with rules and I don't want to try and remember what time it is if I need to reboot and then have to disable DND and start my softphone manually. I would expect my apps to start automatically, even if DND is on.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi Dcendents

Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.

1. Your current firmware version

Setting >System>About Phone>Software information

If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still remain?

2. Please check on your "Auto-start manager/Battery-saving options/Battery modes" settings

Mobile Manager>PowerMaster>Auto-start manager/Battery-saving options/Battery modes

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

• Here are some screenshots, I'm on the latest version and all the power options seem fine to me.

As I said it only happens when I reboot while DND is on, otherwise my softphone starts correctly on autoboot

• Here is what I have after a reboot while dnd is on, no flashlight and some apps won't start

• It is the same in safe mode for the flashlight, obviously I cannot test the softphone in safe mode.

So it could be an issue with the phone then?

• Could you provide me a video of DND>reboot>"acrobits softphone, other apps" won't start. Please also check weather the apps' version are the latest and provide me the version of apps that couldn't start. Thank you.

• Hi, here is the video of the softphone not starting.

It is the latest version

Acrobits softphone 5.2.22

The other apps I had problems with are ok now, I think because I have my account and credentials already saved in them and it was not the case when I had problems with them before.

Thanks

• Hi Dcendents

Thank you for your reply. I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

• Hi Dcendents

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and your valuable advice will be included in future design and optimization considerations. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.