This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen showing black

azamshaikh392
Star II
After update my Rog Phone 2 screen automatically goes dark but I can still hear apps running and can interact with the screen if know where the buttons are.
This started a week ago while Playing PUBG. The screen went completely black but I could still hear what was going on. Recently it has been happening even during charging .
I decided to find the source and in doing so I found that whenever the temperature goes beyond 42°C , the screen goes dark. Sometimes to such an extent that I have to soft reboot to get it working. It usually becomes normal after the temperature drops to 41°C and below. I further Confirmed this was related to temperature by running 3D Mark GPU test, and as soon as temperature hit 42°C, my screen went dark. Also Game Genie stops running (air triggers included) after the screen regains display.
The other threads referring to Screen blackouts during charging and gaming may also have a similar issue and yes, I ran the GPU test after the April 5 security patch update and still the results were same.
Kindly look into this.
Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

vikrantsharma98
Star III
This needs a FIX

Obed
Star I
Feel the same. Please FIX this issue. I'm stressed out