AmitGardeAmitGarde Level 5
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 5 Series

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZS620KL
  2. Firmware Version: 100.10.107.87
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): camera app

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

While recording video from front camera, the recorded video appears to be flipped even after save as flipped option is kept off kindly look into this issue @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS

Also tried restore to default settings in camera but issue exists 🤦🏻‍♂️

Answer for thread:-

Hello everyone again m editing this thread as query which we all are considering it as a bug is a standard intended behaviour of camera for selfie video recording The flip camera setting is only for photo. Selfie video has always been flipped to show text correctly.

Best Answer

• AmitGardeAmitGarde Level 5
    Accepted Answer

Hello everyone,

Query which we all are considering it as a bug is a standard intended behaviour of camera for selfie video recording The flip camera setting is only for photo. Selfie video has always been flipped to show text correctly.

thankyou😊

Comments

• I also experience this bug. Was recording a video this evening. I was shocked when I saw the video was flipped even with save as flipped OF. Please fix this.

• Yes this bug is present. Flip option does not work. Again the colours in main lens are muted in low light scenerio and clarity is also lost. The pics in low light are having lots of noise and smudged colors and details. Please look into it. @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS

• Hi, I am facing the same issue as highlighted above.

Front cam photo works fine but issue is with the video.

• Nop this is a standard thing on .70 too...

Even we turn off save as flip it is saved as flip.

This happens only for video

For photo, it works fine. And for video, there is no such option available in video section.

• Shubham AgarkarShubham Agarkar Level 1
    edited June 2020

No auto-update is available.

Yes, I know a manual update is an option.

But many users got a notification for Fota update on the phone.

Any solution to get fota update on the device.?

• I checked manually by going to system update in settings option check for update and got a fota

If u dont get FOTA,As update is released in batches wait for some time u will get it in coming 1-2 days mostly (keep checking)

😊

• If it is same behaviour than it may be carry forwarded but dont you think we should get exact recording what we record? Why always flip sometime because of fliping i dont see myself as satisfied result in recorded video

This should be adjusted isnt it?

May be this is bug from .70 itself which we noticed now lets see what mods have to say on this😊👍

• Hi there, thank you for highlighting the issue. We have made a note of the feedback and will share it with the relevant team.

• The front camera video flip bug has been there since Android 10 back in November 2019. Have reported it before. No solutions so far. Another such bug is in call log, icons are shown for outgoing calls only. For other calls, no icon is shown that space is blank, its not a big deal but just looks weird and ugly.

• The dialer and contact app also looks and feels very primitive. There has been no updates. There are ui glitches. The contact app shows only names and no contact image beside them. Its very inconvenient design wise because people can have same names. Besides from the dialer you cannot video call natively on jio or airtel. No number recognition or spam call filtering feature either. The dialer and contacts app lacks a lot of usefulness that is present even in stock android. If ASUS isn't willing to update its dialer or contact apps then go ahead and give us Google's stock phone and contact apps. Why handicap a perfectly good phone?

• Primary camera blur issue , any fix?

• Since you already have our log tool. Please 1. start the screen recorder 2. start recording in selfie mode 3. generate the log and send both videos plus the log to me or @Victor0_ASUS

• I will give you the logs as I am familiar with the process. Give me an hour.

• As i never tried to process logs earlier and @bharanivijay69 is familier with the process he will help you out @Anders_ASUS even he his facing same problem and also i request you to take a look into image processing where color seems dull on some shots and night shots bit noisy and details are low comparing A9 i know enviornment is that responsible to bring best shot but sometimes on same places same shots are varying in image quality i.e different in A9 and same image diffrent in A10

Thanksalot again sir for your quick response again😊👍

Stay safe t.c.

• Hi,

I have the shareable drive link containing logs and videos. I couldn't comment links or send PM , as I am a new user. Please PM me , so I can send you the logs.

Thanks.

• @Anders_ASUS please look into the image post processing. Colors seem muted and night shots have smudged details with lot of noise. Which should not happen with imx 363 sensor. You have been great help so far hope you will sort this out as well.

• Off topic, is a dedicated night mode in the camera app going to be very difficult to implement. Have been with asus for sometime. Back in zenfone 2 the camera had a low light mode. It decreased resolution but worked really well in low light. Seems like a downgrade now. Something like a low light mode will be a hit. Please try to consider. Thanks! 😃

• Even in facing the same issue with front camera recording

This discussion has been closed.