[ROG I] (WW-16.0420.2003.24) Thank you !

n3bun3bu Level 1
edited May 26 in ROG Phone

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:zs600kl
  2. Firmware Version:2003.24_0
  3. Rooted or not:NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:not anymore
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Call of Duty

========================================

I made this topic as a gratefulness for the latest update which solved all my problems with my ROG 1 ..now I can fully enjoy this phone <3

Tagged:

Comments

• robdevilXIrobdevilXI Level 1

Yeah outdated security patch in May. They sucks. Still poor bt call voice qualityand no VoLTE or VoWiFi. Nothing to thank for from me.

• Hi robdevilXI

Thank you for your asking. To activate VoLTE or VoWiFi, please refer to the check point below:

1. Which carrier are you using? Please check with your carrier, does your SIM card support VoLTE or VoWiFi?

2. Please check if you have open the VoLTE or VoWiFi

VoLTE: Settings>Network & internet>Mobile network>turn on "VoLTE">Preferred network type>2G/3G/4G

VoWiFi: Settings>Network & internet>Call>Wi-Fi calling>turn on

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

• robdevilXIrobdevilXI Level 1
    edited June 7

Carrier Vodafone O2 and EE UK. No VoLTE or VoWiFi settings. Also my Bluetooth calls quality are crap. I can't understand what someone say sometimes when on bt.

• Hey @robdevilXI he's a new ROG Phone user which is why he's so happy about the new phone. Give him some time and he'll understand how crappy this phone is. I have problem with my phone calls too. Sometimes they can't hear a word what I say and I can hear them. I've tried using Bluetooth headphones, wired headphones and without anything. I still have the same problem. I'll have to disconnect and call again to fix this problem.

• n3bun3bu Level 1

@CyberPunk2302 Actually I had a lot of trouble ..I was thinking of ROG 3 for the next update ...but then suddenly I got a better idea, I bought a phone half price with better specs...Nubia 5G, good luck ASUS .

• AveranAveran Level 3

Nubia isn't great with updates either

Rog 2 was much often updated compared to the red magic 3 (it hasn't even got a10 afaik)

Plus no development whatsoever

Asus rebranded Rog lineup after Rog 2 launch

~ better software support (bimonthly)

~ officially sending phone to developers (Omni rom,havoc, lineage etc,gcam community has good devs including arnova)

I do agree that Rog 1 wasn't supported well but after the 2nd phone Rog lineup is going to a positive direction (it has large telegram community too by the way)

Larger the community better the support

• Glad you changed the phone.

Glad you realized sooner than later. This phone is dead. I agree with @Averan that Rog 2 is better. But only time will tell. Am sure they'll have the same fate for Android 11.

• AveranAveran Level 3
    edited June 17

Support isn't dead for Rog 1 tho right?

Release note states that it got an update in may recently

No android 10 is a bummer but atleast it got the Zen UI 6 skin with pie update (there was a time when articles stated it'll be stuck on Oreo forever)

Considering the current schedule, Rog 1 gets a update like every 2 months (not too bad imo)

Plus as far as Rog 2 is concerned I'm pretty affirmative that it'll get android 11 as it has a large community, developer support, much better software support compared to Rog 1 plus Asus's proactive approach to their devices now

Btw previous zentalk was cancer,this one is a lot better imo

• ROG Phone 2 might get Android 11. But they'll have to wait another year for that. You know how lazy the developers are at Asus. They take their own sweet time to release an update with bugs.