This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High CPU usage after bios update (UX434FLC)

Mesut7o
Star I
System: Windows 10 Pro
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX434FLC-AI219T
Frequency of occurrence: Every start up
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:

I updated my bios from 303 to 305. After this my CPU usage goes crazy with every start up. after a minute or so, it goes to normal values. I Rollbacked the bios update to 303 but still same issue. Updated back to 305 and it is still the same.
I hadn't this problem before the bios update. My laptop is 2 days old.
5 REPLIES 5

AnthonyLee_ASUS
Rising Star I
Hi @Mesut7o May I know what app you're running to cause the issue? Can you tell us more detail about how it goes crazy during start up? Please provide us screenshot or video while it happens so we can troubleshoot problem. Thanks!

I want first see the screen shot of this problem and can you tell me clearly

Mesut7o
Star I
my bad. i tought i added the screenshots. @vamsikrishnawwqq2 @AnthonyLee_ASUS
i got 3 screenshots with different timestamps but the idea is the same. Screenshots are taken after the start up. first 10 to 20 seconds the usage is high. After that, it will go to normal usage around 788-800mhz for each core.
It seems that the fan starts spins higher when i enter BIOS. i'm not sure if this is normal or not.
high-cpu-usage-1.jpg
high-cpu-usage.jpg
screen-2.jpg

AnthonyLee_ASUS
Rising Star I
Hi @Mesut7o You can make sure your windows update is completed by going to settings -> update & securities -> check for updates. Since so far it happens on the first 10-20, we didn't see any abnormalities for now. You can send feedback to us again if the frequencies are getting higher. Thanks!