Fast charging stops working occasionally in latest version

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 5z
  2. Firmware Version: latest build March 2020
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: almost everyday
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Fast charge does not start automatically. I have to restart the phone every time for fast charging to work.

Comments

• Can i know the step to get Fast Charging work again?

You just Restart the phone?

Because i got the same prolem too

Thank you

• Hi, we'd request you follow the below steps:

1. Clear system cache.

2. Try the same under safe mode:

Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode

3. If still you face the issue factory reset your phone after taking a full backup.

• ayushgoelayushgoel Level 1

Yes, restarting the phone helps most of the times.

Sometimes you also have to plug unplug the charger multiple times.

A lot of users are facing the same issue. I dont know whether Asus is working on to rectify it.

• Dir3WolFDir3WolF Level 1

There may be reasons that your phone is not fast charging as i am not facing this type of issue nor anyone.

1) Try to change adapter or cable , may be its damaged.

2) Check your port , remove dust and try again.

3) As you said restarting phone , starts fast charging, then may be you have installed custom rom or messed up with your phone . So i recommended a factory reset , it will solve all your problems.

4) Its Summer time, if your phone is too heated , it will slow charge until phone cools down.

• No it's Software issue only,

Even I do face this issue rarely.

• Have you kept schedule charging on?

Because if this is on and the time for the schedule charging is larger then after some amount of battery charging the phone automatically reduce the charging rate inorder to protect your phone's battery. So check that first. If problem still persist the factory reset is the only option