edited September 30 in ZenFone 5 Series

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus zenfone 5z 6gb
  2. Firmware Version: don't know but has March security update
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: regularly
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app

========================================

The main problem is with battery ,with the latest update battery drain out very quickly in normal use

Sometimes fast charging doesn't work sometimes it doesn't recognise the charger heating issue is also very common

Comments

• Ausu 5z The main problem is with battery ,with the latest update battery drain out very quickly in normal use

• hkorkuthkorkut Level 2

this is a common problem for too many zenfone 5z users. we now expect a clear and precise solution.

• BrunoF20BrunoF20 Level 3
    edited May 24
    1. Settings
    2. Applications and notification
    3. Show all (number of) apps
    4. "Three dots" (in the top right corner)
    5. Show system apps
    6. Find and deactivate:
      1. Facebook app installer
      2. Facebook app manager
      3. Facebook services

[Edited in 24/05/2020 20:00: Those three are just telemetry apps.]

Yes, those are there even with all of the Facebook apps uninstalled.

Also, I advise you to tweak Device manager and PowerMaster (both are under Settings>Advanced>Device manager).

• hkorkuthkorkut Level 2

Can you give details about device manager and power master? How and what should we do?

• @kingpiyushdureja your phone also not charging??

• hkorkuthkorkut Level 2

My problem is that the battery of the phone runs out very quickly. this situation came up with the last update

• Please follow below steps may improve battery backup:

1. Enable “Power saver” (Settings > Power management)

2. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)

3. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)

4. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,

5. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 

Recalibrate battery

To recalibrate battery, charge your phone to 100% without interruption.

then discharge it normally till 0%(phone gets switched off).

charge it to 100% in switched off condition and keep it in that state for a little more time.

now switch on your phone in charged condition and unplug when ASUS logo appears.

keep the phone unused for 5 mins.

you will get far better battery life as the battery stats.bin file will be updated.

• 1-For better battery life u can force stop the apps that u use rarely.

2- U can turn off the auto starting apps by (settings>battery>powermaster>auto start manager)

Hope this will help

Thank you😊

• Nothing is happening i tried it but i think main problem is with software when i connect my phone with charger it says not recognised

• hkorkuthkorkut Level 2

In the latest version of Zenfone 5z, the battery is not fully charged.

I detected this situation with the accubattery program.

It charges the phone with 3000mah when plugged into the charger. With its own original charger.

When the phone battery is 70-80%, the charge rate is around 1200 Mah.

Even when the battery is full and the green LED is lit, the battery is still charging. It continues to charge with an average of 400-500 Mah.

I submit these findings to the information of the ASUS developers.

• hkorkuthkorkut Level 2

As I said before, unfortunately, when the green LED is on, the battery is not fully charged. This is our main concern right now.

• amitgarde3amitgarde3 Level 4

@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS Please check this problem may be this is main reason for battery drain on latest firmware on 5z 😊

• hkorkuthkorkut Level 2

We expect a comprehensive and quality update for Zenfone 5z from Asus. Because the Zenfone 5z model running on Android 10 has a lot of software errors. You are aware of them. We love the Asus brand. It is up to you that our next phone is Asus. Please don't offend us, dear Asus executives.

• hkorkuthkorkut Level 2

It would be funny to solve all problems with a 22 MB update.

Ok but its hard to check what is draining battery alot in A9 SOT was 6hrs 5 min n A10 SOT is 4hrs 30 min all 5z users are able to see battery degradation only after upgrading to A10

In A9:-

For only gaming SOT use to be 4hrs

In A10:-

For only gaming SOT is only 2hrs

Something is not good in A10 😒

Can u please look into it as for day to day usage it is hard to use device when travelling or doing anything @Anders_ASUS @Anders

• Hi sir,

Any particular solution what to do? Because in Android pie battery backup is pretty good. After upgrading to Android 10 battery drains quickly. With normal usage i get 4:30hrs to 5hrs of SOT and with gaming (Not heavy game like pubg) hardly 3:30 hrs SOT.

• No one will believe me if I say that the battery life is the same in A10 as in A9, so who is willing to factory reset their phone, run three sets of PCMARK and then downgrade to A9 and do another three sets so you can tell everyone that there's actually no major difference?

Maybe one is slightly better than the other when both are factory reset but we're talking a couple of % in difference, not 50%

edited June 3

Thankyou,Agreed to ur explaination and will require sometime to test ur advice 😊

Some drast changes are able to be observed in SOT this is what more bothering us and so we are comparing A9 TO A10 as explained earlier in above comment

This discussion has been closed.