Star II
System: Windows 10 pro
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Tuf Gaming FX503II
Frequency of occurrence: All the time now
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I'm extremely frustrated with Asus and you're about to lose a customer that has bought my last 5 laptops from you. I literally just keep coming along problems with a computer that's less than two weeks old. If there is a better way to speak through the to the challenges I'm facing I would love to hear them.

My newest problem is my FN+Left and FN+Right (aura cycle keys) no longer work. The images of "stactic", ,"breathing", etc. pop up on the screen but the keyboard lighting stays stuck at Static. I then tried to go into Armory Crate like I normally would and that isn't controling the keyboard lighting effect. I then try to change the color, that isn't working either. I tried uninstalling and re-installing both ATK and Armory Crate, still nothing!

It looks like Armory Crate can still control the slient/performance/turbo setting for the fans, so it's still functioning, but for some reason the GUI just doesn't do anything for the keyboard, nor does the FN keys+left and +right; the Up and down for brightness on the keyboard work fine.
5 REPLIES 5

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello frank0051,
May I double confirm the model you are reporting?
Last post we were discussing is your new FA506II
and we have FX503, but it does not have so many keyboard aura setting....
And was there any new update or modification before the issue occurred?
May I have the screenshot or video of the issue as well?
Thank you.

frank0051
Star II
Yes, sorry, FA506II.
What I ended up doing is doing a Windows Restore to two weeks ago.
This is now the third problem I've had with the keyboard. I am also having a problem wherein the screen wouldn't follow the power settings on to turn off as set on Windows 10 when on A/C.
And, I have an issue where the screen sometimes flickers for no apparent reason.
And, when listening to TV or videos the volume will sometimes random adjust down.

Just very, very, very disappointed in ASUS.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello frank0051,
So all these issue happened after you restore Windows?
You restore the factory OS, right? or install your own OS.
Please kindly check if you have complete all the driver installation and let me know the version.
BIOS 304 /ASUS System Control Interface V2 /ROG Live Service /ARMOURY CRATE /GameVisual
ASUS TUF Gaming A15 驅動程式及工具程式 | 筆記型電腦 | ASUS 台灣And which refresh rate are you setting now?
Please kindly provide video or screenshot of the issues you have, so that we can understand it better.
Thank you.

frank0051
Star II
No, actually, they were all happening OUT OF THE BOX.
I had to Windows restore to help get rid of the worsening situation after only 2 weeks of having the laptop.
I am no longer interested in getting support from Asus, I will likely be returning the laptop. I'm extremely disappointed.