This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Feature Request] Decrease minimum screen brightness limit

Lambaste
Rising Star I
It'd be great if the minimum screen brightness could be lowered further than it currently can be. I find that the current minimum brightness is simply too high for use in a dark room.
5 REPLIES 5

shiv1g
Rising Star I
shiv1g

The minimum brightness is just too bright for using this smartphone in dark environment. Every night i have to use a screen filter app ( Darker-screen filter ) to minic the 0 brightness functionality.

It would be great if the brightness could be lowered a little bit more on this already osm smartphone. @Anders_ASUS

Thank you.

Minimum Brightness Too High to use in dark.

@and06tw @Anders_ASUS please help!

Akash_Pratap
Star III
Lambaste

It'd be great if the minimum screen brightness could be lowered further than it currently can be. I find that the current minimum brightness is simply too high for use in a dark room.

[Feature Request] Decrease minimum screen brightness limit
I also have similar request. @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS

_jis_
Zen Master III
Remember that setting the minimum brightness has its technical limitations. Below a certain level, the backlight may be unstable.
Kamesh
@Anders_ASUS 
The screen flickers at extreme low brightness on white background like Instagram DM and Gmail etc. When suddenly brightness is dropped from medium or high to extreme low the flickering can be seen on white baground this happens only for extreme low brightness and dark room.This is not a hardware problem because at medium to high this doesn't happens.
Screen Flickr at extreme low brightness
Dark mode and color inversion can help a lot, which means that, for example, in the browser we switch the color of ink and paper, so then we have white letters on black paper.
image.png

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
_jis_

Remember that setting the minimum brightness has its technical limitations. Below a certain level, the backlight may be unstable.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/8300/screen-flickr-at-extreme-low-brightness

Dark mode and color inversion can help a lot, which means that, for example, in the browser we switch the color of ink and paper, so then we have white letters on black paper.

image.png

View post